Skip to main content
Now that TuneIn no longer accepts new radiostations being added it would be nice if Sonos could make the process of adding radiostreams easier AND I strongly recommend Sonos to let the user being able to switch between broadcast providers.

I listen to broadcasters and my own streams NOT streaming services like Apple Music, Spotify etc.

See here:

https://help.tunein.com/where-is-the-add-station-form--r19jJ_ajz

https://radio.co/blog/tunein-not-accepting-radio-stations/

I would like to know what Sonos will do about this?
Hey there, karstenjensen.dk. Thanks for posting about this. Have you seen this article where you can add your own custom radio streams to Sonos?

In the meantime, I am happy to forward this topic as a feature request to the team. they are always looking for ways to improve Sonos. Thanks!
Hi Keith,

Ohhh yes - I do know how to add my own stream-urls and I do that sometimes. But the normal user do not nessceraily know how to find a URL for a radiostation and it's a problem if you suddenly can not find them on your speaker.

What I miss is alternatives to TuneIn on Sonos.....
It may be that your issue is more with TuneIn than it is with Sonos. You may want to be speaking to someone at TuneIn.
I already did that but I would still prefer if Sonos gave us the opportunity to use more portals like TuneIn - There are plenty of alternatives to TuneIn.
Indeed. Sonos has published their API for any company to use. However, it needs to be done by the other company, Sonos does not have the legal right to add anyone they want.
Supply and demand - it's all about money......
I'm afraid that while I recognize the quote, I don't understand the use of it in this case.

Sonos doesn't, and to my knowledge has never received any money from the streams that they carry. Their business model is based solely on selling hardware, i.e. speakers. They certainly want to make it as easy as possible for as many service providers to be part of their system, since it benefits them by selling more speakers.

Or have I misunderstood your use of this aphorism?
You wrote that Sonos do not have the rights to add anyone they want and I just pointed that right often are licensed for money.
You wrote that Sonos do not have the rights to add anyone they want and I just pointed that right often are licensed for money.

Not in the case of Sonos. They have repeatedly stated they have no financial relationship with any service providers, including refusing for years to pay for licensing Spotify Connect.