Skip to main content

I added a new room with 2 play1 and a Sub.

I'm using the S1 controller.

The option for Trueplay is not there.

Trueplay is available in all the older rooms.

Is this an S1 problem?

@Rockpea Sorry for the slow reply and thank you for bringing your concerns to us in the Sonos Community. What troubleshooting steps have you tried before reaching out to us here? What are you using as the device running the Sonos app? Your account does show having a diagnostic report history, but nothing up to date. Were any of these items purchase from a third party as open boxed items? Please confirm a full power re-boot off of your wifi equipment for 30 seconds with no lights on it, meaning no battery backup, then power it back up. While this equipment is powering back on then power re-boot off your Sonos units for the same time with no lights and plug them back in to power, no button pressing is needed. While we are powering on then re-boot the device(s) running the Sonos app. When you are reconnected then try the Trueplay tuning from a second controller to eliminate your current device being an issue. You can then follow up here with the testing results and an updated diagnostic report number. 

Hello,

The equipment is not new.

I broke the stereo pair then decided to rejoin.

I fellowed your instructions and Trueplay is still not a option.

Report sent # 1099777277

Thank

@Rockpea Thank you for the follow up and the new diagnostic report number. Please follow up on the steps from my previously posted steps as your Sonos products are not showing properly re-booted, as well as the testing results from a second controller. I would also recommend removing the Bridge as the wire product to the router and temporarily wire a Play:3 during the re-boot steps. What do you mean the equipment is not new? Are they used products bought from a third party, through Sonos or as open box items?

@Rockpea Sorry for the slow reply and thank you for bringing your concerns to us in the Sonos Community. What troubleshooting steps have you tried before reaching out to us here? What are you using as the device running the Sonos app? Your account does show having a diagnostic report history, but nothing up to date. Were any of these items purchase from a third party as open boxed items? Please confirm a full power re-boot off of your wifi equipment for 30 seconds with no lights on it, meaning no battery backup, then power it back up. While this equipment is powering back on then power re-boot off your Sonos units for the same time with no lights and plug them back in to power, no button pressing is needed. While we are powering on then re-boot the device(s) running the Sonos app. When you are reconnected then try the Trueplay tuning from a second controller to eliminate your current device being an issue. You can then follow up here with the testing results and an updated diagnostic report number. 

The equipment I had for years and is not a bootleg product.

I had this equipment in my Living Room as a stereo pair for years.

I wanted to hear the effect without stereo , so I broke the pair.

I didn’t like the sound so I rejoined the two Play1s.

I followed your instructions again.

This time I took the Bridge off the wired LAN and still is off.

I did not wire a Play3, but I can wire a Play5 GEN1 if necessary.

The diagnostic report # from the phone is 1359115736

The diagnostic report # from the PC is 1471032498

I ask Sonos again, is there a problem with the Android S1 controller?

I do not get the option when I created a stereo pair.

The True play option is still there in room setup with the older controllers.

Please answer Yes or No, then we can work on any problems.

You cannot Trueplay on Android.  Never could.  After Trueplaying using iOS you can switch it on or off in a room on Android.  I suspect that is where you are at.

I do not work for Sonos, but as far as this issue is concerned, the situation is as it has always been with all Android controllers.  In this sense there is no problem to be worked on. 

Thank