trueplay for android, youtube and switch-off button missing

• 31 August 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi
Yesterday I purchased playbar and 2 play1 systems, but I found a couple of surprises :(
1) switch-off button it's missing
2)Youtube isn't compatible
3) tryuplay APP miss for andorid sistems

For me this features must be present for a system of this level and whit this price
I hope that with the next SW updates SONOS introduce this features

Regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi
To address your points
1. Sonos is designed to be permanently on, for various reasons
2. You can play YouTube on your TV and listen to the audio on your Playbar and any other speakers in your system. Any other limitations are because of Google's restrictions, as YouTube owner, not Sonos
3. The variety of Android phones makes this a huge technical challenge. Sonos would like to do it but you only need a friend with an iOS device to be able to Trueplay tune Sonos
Badge
Hi
To address your points
1. Sonos is designed to be permanently on, for various reasons
2. You can play YouTube on your TV and listen to the audio on your Playbar and any other speakers in your system.
3. The variety of Android phones makes this a huge technical challenge. Sonos would like to do it but you only need a friend with an iOS device to be able to Trueplay tune Sonos

1) which? electrical consumptions and environment are important
2) i dont' completly agree
3)It will be possible for example developer for medium and high level as samsung s6/s7 and similars

Thanks
You are of course free to disagree with factual statements. Sonos speakers go into low power mode automatically when not playing. Even the same brand and model phone can have different components, including microphones.

These issues have been debated to death on this forum.
Badge
ok John
I'm new member and user of the sonos products.
Thanks a lot