Skip to main content

I’ve owned few Sonos speakers for a while now but I have never done Trueplay since there are no IOS devices in the household. I’m in the market for a new tablet and was wondering whether Trueplay results with the iPad 7th gen are good or not? I’ve read that some people have found the tuning to be worse with newer iPhones than some of the older models. I really want to find out how my system sounds with Trueplay since the normal EQ is very simplistic. Trueplay for current gen iPads and iPhones might be months away, right? The older model would suit my needs just fine and they are cheaper but if the tuning is not good then I might not bother with an older model. Any experiences?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222?language=en_US

I didn’t ask if it is compatible. I asked whether the results were good or not since there is clearly a difference on how Trueplay works on different devices. At least that’s what people have reported with iPhones.

I just did a test configuring my new sonos beam first with an iphone xs and then with an iphone 7 ... and i can confirm that the difference is huge ... with the iphone 7 the sound improves a lot while with xs  worsens the default settings

I just did a test configuring my new sonos beam first with an iphone xs and then with an iphone 7 ... and i can confirm that the difference is huge ... with the iphone 7 the sound improves a lot while with xs  worsens the default settings

Thanks for the reply. This is why I asked if someone has experiences with the iPad 7th gen. Results seem to differ a lot between devices.