Skip to main content
Question

Trueplay and Iphone X

• 1 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Just bought 4 Play1 which I have placed on wall mouths in each corner of my living room. Have set it up as two stereo pairs. Now I want to use this Trueplay-thing for the best sound possible. But it want work with my iphone X. Why? And when will it work?
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonos is still fine tuning Trueplay for the new Apple hardware. It is expected soon. In the meantime, you can use any iOS device except the iPhone 8 or X. The settings will then be present on all other controllers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'd expect it to be available for the iPhone 8 before the iPhone X. The 8 was released something like 5 or 6 weeks ahead of the X, and the X had a much higher level of demand for it so it's probably harder for Sonos to get the quantity of devices that they want for testing/analysis. So when it comes for the 8/8 Plus, you know that the X will probably not be too far behind, maybe another month or so.