Skip to main content
Is it possible to have the same level of service on iphone, android and pc? the trueplay seems to be present only on the ephone.
Trueplay on a PC or Mac wouldn't work. If you think you look stupid enough walking around waving an iPhone above your head imagine the looks you'd get if you roamed about waving an iMac or Dell Workstation over your head?

As for Android the reason it isn't available is due to the massive variation in hardware (mainly microphones) which means Sonos can't practically ensure correct calibration and therefore performance of TruePlay on those devices. It seems unlikely that Sonos will be practically able to crack the Android problem whilst TruePlay relies on the microphone in the phone/tablet unless they can resolve the calibration conundrum. It may be in the future they find AN Other way to run the process eg with microphones in the Play units.

Until then the advice is to steal an iPhone or iPad (sorry I mean bribe a friend with biscuits, beer, wine, favours) as the process is pretty much a one time process.
For the question of android, add a loop of calibration of the microphone itself must be possible, it not really complex. other software do it quite correctly like skype. I really think that the problem is somewhere else, not it the material layer. Probably in the decision layer,...

For adding a microphone in the emitter, it's pitty like the mircrophone is yet there,...
Sell a standard mic . this is rocket science.
Sell a standard mic . this is rocket science.

Get a mate, family member, kidnapped granny with an iOS device and run Trueplay. And that ain't rocket science
Used compatible Apple devices are cheap if you can't find a friend with one they will just give you.
Either TruePlay is a Sonos feature or it's an Apple feature. Which is it?

As a 10 year iPhone user, I switched to a Google Pixel 3XL this fall and have no plans on returning to iPhone anytime soon. Last year I spent $2,400 on Sonos speakers. Tonight I discovered that I can no longer tune them because I am not using an Apple iPhone. That is either a pure disregard for your customers or you are saying TruePlay isn't really necessary (unless you're an iPhone user). While I love the sound from my Sonos speakers, they do have a great deal of limitations compared to a much cheaper bluetooth system (i.e. no way to play sound from other applications like bluetooth can). I was willing to work around those limitations, but this TruePlay discovery has a sting to it. You make a Sonos app for my $1,000+ premium phone, but you're not willing to include tuning capabilities unless I am an iPhone user?
Oh wow your spamming the whole board - rather rude behavior

They have stated MULTIPLE TIMES that they CAN NOT do Trueplay on Android phones because Android isn't consistent on its microphone vendors. They have tried and tested units multiple times and Android proves to be too difficult to get consistency.

I assume you must have given away your old iPhone - but I would suggest picking up some old one cheap (just turn on wifi no phone service needed) or have a friend with iPhone come do the calibration for you.