Skip to main content
Question

The AirPlay device “Sonos” is currently in use. Please select another device.

• 21 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Not always but quite often, when I select Sonos from the Airplay devices in iTunes, I get a message "The AirPlay device “Sonos” is currently in use. Please select another device." This is even though Sonos playback is stopped.

Is there anything I can do to get it out of that state? Anything to make sure it is not in use? Other than clicking stop, which I have already done?

Please note: Sonos Airplay is already set up and works most of the time.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

As you can see, Sonos is not playing music, but iTunes still tells me Sonos is "in use". What do I need to do to make sure it is not "in use"?

Hi there, rpieket. If you are still having troubles with Airplay and Sonos, I would recommend giving our technicians a call as they will be able to troubleshoot this with you in real time through a remote session. This is something we will want to work with and see in real time to troubleshoot effectively. Our contact information can be found here.

How often does this happen? What happens when it goes back to working as expected?