Skip to main content

After all the bitching about the 14.12 update, myself included I think a thank you is in order for fixing this issue with the 14.18 update. I know a lot of comments are going to be about that this should not have happened in the first place, and I somewhat agree but I have to give credit for the latest update because I think my system sounds better than ever before now. Really balanced and even the surrounds are way more pronounced. You don’t have to agree but this is just my opinion. So Thank you Sonos!

Does the community think I need to re-do Trueplay on my Beam/Sub Mini/2 x One SLs after this update? Or due to the sub being the new one, shall I just leave the original settings?

Also I have a Sub Gen 3 paired with 2 Fives, should I re-do this Trueplay?

Does the community think I need to re-do Trueplay on my Beam/Sub Mini/2 x One SLs after this update? Or due to the sub being the new one, shall I just leave the original settings?

The problem was with Arc paired with sub but I don’t think it can hurt to do it again. But it’s not strictly necessary. 

The issues affected all my hardware except for the beam I redid truplay on all

Thanks Sonos.

Now go turn auto update off in settings for those that haven't.

Going forward, please Sonos stop messing about with sound stage.

Thanks Sonos.

Now go turn auto update off in settings for those that haven't.

Going forward, please Sonos stop messing about with sound stage.

I hope this lesson is good enough for them to learn.

The problem was with Arc paired with sub but I don’t think it can hurt to do it again. But it’s not strictly necessary. 

Trueplay re-done now 😀

The big problem was with the Arc, but most HT products were affected. My Playbase/Sub/surrounds are fun to listen to again, now I’ve got 14.18 and a fresh Trueplay session. 

Watching some Monster Hunter movie on Netflix with the kids.. Arc, Sub Gen2 and Play1 surrounds. have to say, it's never sounded better, it sounds really enjoyable.

Its been a bumpy couple of months, but I can forgive a hiccup if the end result is an improvement... well done and thank you.