Skip to main content
I have a play:5 in the bedroom and is connected to a tv via the line input. I also play large playlists in this room. If I pause in the middle of the playlist and select the line in for watching tv, I cannot resume the playlist where it left off after I’m done watching tv. It seems like the queue is still intact with the playlist but it doesn’t have a way to resume playback from where it was paused. Since the playlist is large, it’s a pain to have to scroll down and find what I remember played last. Can we get a resume function somehow?
Hello there, Phil56. Thanks for posting! I am happy to forward your request along to the team for a pause state when switching inputs. Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.
Thanks much!
I have the same issue with the Playbase - Please come with a fix. It is quit a deal breaker for me. Just because someone is watching the TV the playlist starts over. Yesterday we had friends over and we heard some music, just for a second we wanted to see something in the TV and the Playbase switched input (as it should) but comming back to the playlist, there was no indication of where it left off 😞 and hence it also could not resume from where it was 😞 . I just bought the playbase and I am now considering returning it because of it. Also I am supprised that this is how it seems to be designed to behave in such a quality and user experience oriented company - - but lets hope there is a solution that I do not know about or that Sonos will implement one 🙂
Resume playing from the queue?
Thanks for the help John. But where in the sonos app is the resume from queue ?
Just show the queue on the now playing screen and tap the song from which you wish to resume.
Comming back after having watched tv and turned off the tv the sonos app still shows tv as input and when choosing the queue it says queue not in use. I can choose a song from the queue and it starts playing, however with a large playlist i am not able to remember which song was the one playing when i stopped the music and turned in the tv. I need sonos to keep track of that = sonos should continue the playlist where it left of when i started to watch tv, either automatically or with a button resume playlist
The song that last played will be visible. Does it matter if you miss a song or two, given that you cannot even remember what was playing?

This is a perfectly workable way of achieving what you want in the context of a multiroom, multisource, multicontroller system. Feel free to ignore it.
I have tried it, comming back to the queue after watching tv, shows the queue from the top of the playlist/queue no where near the song that was playing, but maybe i am doing something wrong.
Here are the steps I follow, starting from playlist playing on Playbar.

1. Pause music (although I think this is unnecessary)

2. Turn on TV (Autoplay is enabled) or select TV from Browse

3. When I want to go back to playlist, tap the queue symbol or 'show queue', depending on controller.

4. Tap song

5. Turn off TV

This always seems to take me back to the queue at the point I left off and I can tap to resume. It does say that the queue is not in use, which is correct because you have TV selected as the source, but as soon as you tap a song, the queue is active again.

I have just tried this again - are you doing something different or getting a different result from doing the same?

Further thought. I have a Playbar, you have a Playbase. I would have expected the behaviour to be identical, but don't know this for a fact and cannot check! The original post was for line-in on a Play:5, which is a totally different ballgame but we can ignore that.