Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

windows 8 and windows phone have been here for over a year now, and you have not yet gotten the finger out!
How hard can it be.
We are now 1524 who want this. What do we have to do to make you understand that we realy want this..
show up at Your doorstep?
Userlevel 1
Badge
2013 came and went... still no Windows 8/Phone support. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
Please oh please Windows 8/Windows Phone support!!!!
Come on Sonos. What are you waiting for? Windows Phone platform is growing and we are really many who prefer our Windows Phone because of the way it is working. I am sure that Sonos market share will grow much more with an Windows Phone App.
Sonos used to be the marketleader. No competition at all. Now there are several high end alternatives. The first one that releases a native windows 8/ Windows Phone app will be my standard. I now have a Connect and an :amp but I want to equip 3 more rooms. I won't invest anymore. With these WW marketshares of Windows, Sonos is disrespecting their customers.
I will stop purchasing sonos products until they keep up with the times, either they will add support for Windows 8 (how is this not done yet) and DTS added to the playbar (also how is this not done yet!) or the new guys who have started offering alternatives will and i'll switch. Simple. Update PLEASE!
hurry up !
What is the status? Does it take so long to develop an app??
The Windows Phone community is growing! I recently switched to Windows Phone (company policy) and really would like an official Windows Phone app and not the crap some people have developed and selling for too much money!
Keeping customers in the cold is not good for your reputation. Surely it's a no-brainer to develop a Window 8 app, especially since it's on the rise. With support for XP coming to an end in April, there will be even more people moving to a Win8 environment along with many new wp8 customers.
Please wake up and launch a WP App for the growing penetration of WP.

IDC: More Windows Phone units shipped than iPhones in 24 markets during Q3 2013

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2014/01/07/idc-windows-phone-units-shipped-iphones-24-markets-q3-201...
Looking to pick up a wireless solution for 2014 I was all set to load a few sonos products into my cart until I found out there wasn't an official windows phone 8 or windows 8 app.

On top of that - unlike B&O who have just announced a lovely remote control, sonos have discontinued their remotes! Yes, there are work-arounds I could get an unofficial app for my phone, or I could download the desktop app for my PC, but I'm not looking to invest a grand in speakers to then compromise on how I control the music.

Put out a windows phone app at least and you have my money.
Found out today from Sonos Customer Care that they have no intention of releasing a Windows App.  Have you wondered why the last "Official Response" is over 6 months old?  Call Sonos yourself at 1.800.680.2345 Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm EST
Sat-Sun. 10am to 5:30pm.
Found out today from Sonos Customer Care that they have no intention of releasing a Windows App.  Have you wondered why the last "Official Response" is over 6 months old?  Call Sonos yourself at 1.800.680.2345 Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm EST
Sat-Sun. 10am to 5:30pm.
Really want to fill my house with Sonos but won't buy anything until we can use our windows phones as controllers.
What are the benefits from airplay if I still need an Apple device to run Sonos? Cmon makeing an app is not that hard think about the future of products. People want to have possibilities to change and don't want to be forced to some tablet of phone brand.
Just received a Sonos system for Christmas and I don't want to have to return it.  I'm quite fond of my Windows Phone, and have no desire to trade it for a different platform. I guess I can run Sonos off of my computer - but that's forcing me to buy a new computer sooner than I can afford to.  My Ipod is ancient and works perfectly well, so I have no need to buy a new one of those, either.  I've looked at this thread and there seem to be plenty of people who want this app developed. Why not release it?
Hi John, Its been 6 months since you've given us an update. Do you have any new information on when we might see a Win8 (now Win8.1) app for the Surface RT?
Userlevel 1
Badge
It makes complete sense why Sonos isn't answering our questions or doing anything about Windows Phone 8/RT support. "Today Nest announced that it has agreed to be acquired by Google." Prepare for Sonos to announce something similar in the near future and sign up for a Google+ account! RIP Windows support.
Really? Really??? You know it seems like all the "cool" new computer geeks and their companies are just like the computer guys on wall street. SHOW ME THE MONEY! The hell with universal connectivity we have to protect our brand and bank accounts. Should have done more research, wouldn't have bothered to spend my money. It's not simple if it doesn't work with every device. Greed is stupidity squared.
ok, so it's been 6 months (!) since the 'official response that "the direction we're headed is a good one, but we're not ready to share any details at tis time."   Six months???  Please at least indicate some kind of time-frame as people are buying the windows products NOW and would like at better idea of whether they should buy sonos products -- better than a "whenever" kind of answer please.
So whats going on here? It has been 6 months since the last official response. I am using both Windows Phone and Surface and would like to have an official app! How much more do we have to wait?
Sounds like Sonos are holding out for a pay out from Microsoft to me. Read about companies doing this in some forums, never thought Sonos would steep so low!! I have been putting of buying a Sonos system since I moved to WP8, I will be holding out for a multi room audio solution that supports WP8. Sort it out Sonos
UPDATE PLEASE SONOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive just updated my technology so bought the best I could afford... surface 2 tablet and play5 and play1. I have no Mac products so made sense to stick with Microsoft and stream all music from my desktop where I have hundreds of MP3 music files. I had expected to control the Sonos music system from my new surface (cannot afford to update old mobile phone that dates from dark ages) but gutted to find I cannot!!!!! Is this favouritism for the iPad from sonos I ask myself? I put off my wireless and tablet purchase for a long time to ensure any blips would be ironed out. My wireless digital audio system cost me a grand and I still have to walk upstairs to my office desktop to change my playlists.....I'm back to cds in my 10year old Sony portable player for working in my messy studio rather than trail dust through house and office. sonos sound is awesome and the kit is not cheap so this is a blow. I was planning on buying a couple more speakers for bedroom dining room but unless I can use Sonos controller from my surface 2 tablet the speakers will be going on eBay.