Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

+ 1 WP8

Get going Sonos!
Hi everybody,

I bought a Play 1 and I'm a very happy about it. Now I look forward to an Sonos App for my Windowsphone 8 Mobile, which has the full functional range like the apps for IOs and Android.
When do we can count with a solution?

Thanks and best regards,

Steffen
Adding my vote to this +1  I will increase my investment in Sonos products when it has native pap support for Windows 8.1 and Phone plus Xbox Music.
Agree!
Anyone running a PC and using a surface as a portable convenient home device, I've been using the splashtop app as a work around until sonos decides it is worth it to develop an app, or has completed development and validation.
Would love to see an app for Windows Phone for this.. only thing really holding me back from buying Sonos stuff..
Userlevel 2
no more excuses now

Xbox Music for Developers program, opening up Xbox Music to web and app developers. Through the new program, it's now possible for developers to create web and mobile apps with an amazing array of Xbox Music features.
Userlevel 2
no more excuses now

Xbox Music for Developers program, opening up Xbox Music to web and app developers. Through the new program, it's now possible for developers to create web and mobile apps with an amazing array of Xbox Music features.
I'll put further purchases on hold as long as the Windows clients aren't announced for "Metro".
I just saved 500£ on NOT buying SONOS because i found out that windows RT is not supported by ANY SONOS app/software. A colleague of mine was going to kit out his whole house with 7 rooms with sonos but as i told me about this issue with windows RT not being supported he too has decided NOT to by SONOS.
This is pretty annoying... I hope sonos will fix this soon. I controlled sonos with my android tablet. Android 4.1.2, where the sonos app cannot be controlled from the loginscreen. So i constantly need to provide my credentials. Android 4.2 seems to be able to do so for the sonoswidget. But the tunein internetradio can be controlled from the loginscreen in this android version. To me this sounds a bit lazy, to not give back support. So I bought a windows phone and had to find out that people are waiting for control abilities for years already! I think sonos can better hire more people to get the software right instead of designing new products like the play one. Also, think of some better discount actions other than a free bridge. Some people may have five of them! I better like immediate discount on another play3 if above issues are resolved... I expected more for my money. Way more...
I wish I knew that i could not control SONOS with my Windows SURFACE with Windows RT on it. I bought it with controlling the SONOS in mind.
Now I will not be purchasing one unless the support is give to this platform.

Bummer!

Daniel J Farren Jr

Forestdale (Sandwich) Cape Cod, MA
Gone Windows 8 Phone for everyone in the house, really disappointed with Sonos for not providing an app, when thinking about next audio solution purchase will have to think about Sonos not being progressive or flexible :-(
Yeah we just got the Sonos system and I'm about to get a new Windows phone.  If this isn't resolved soon, I'm sending the Sonos back before the 90 day
6 months since the last update. Any news on when SONOS will have an app available to use on a WIndows phone?
Absolutely disgusted with the customer service from sonos.... Completely baffled as to why this issue was not resolved years ago!.... just bought 3 sonos products this xmas and since found out my nokia lumia doesn;t have the required controller app available. having found that this was an issue i've had a quick google and found out people have been begging for this since 2011 and the last official response was 6 months ago with still no end in sight! laughable customer service , needless to say All 3 products are going back in the box for a full refund. shocking....
sonos - come on - this is 'under consideration'.  just do the market research - growing market share with a demo of higher income users who are more likely to use sonos products.  build this app before my money goes completely to waste. 
Sonos could buy the code for the phonos app, fix it and deploy it as native sonos... Minimal effort required I'd guess.
Is this a joke?

Still no application for Windows phone or Windows rt????
Want one badly but won't be buying until RT and WP8 supported, sorry.
I need an app for my Windows phone and for my surface
When will the app be available?
Shame on Sonos.
Badge
Still waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting... you are not nice people!
My friend showed me his new Sonos soundsystem, yesterday. I was really impressed! As l noticed that you doesn't support Windows Phone and  Windows RT I'm very disapointed. I can't belive that. Windows Phone and Windows tablets has become very popular and are not new anymore. you still not support these devices! I definitely wait with buying your product until you bring an app for Windows Phone and Windows RT.