Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

What is the status???? This is realy bad support! Good audio system, bad service! Don't buy an other Sonos player for now.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Just to add my £600 worth. I was sold a Sonos system (Play:3, 5 + Bridge) in Peter Jones department store (Sloane Sq. London) by an official Sonos rep on the understanding that a Windows Phone app was "imminent"This was in February. Here's a link to the definition of imminent http://www.thefreedictionary.com/imminent. Now unless he was using the archaic form I have now reached the point where I believe I have been mis-sold these products.
Unfortunately for me I love the damn things, I'm still deeply dissatisfied by my whole experience and feel that a representative of your company essentially lied to me to close out a £600 sale. As for the whole "we don't comment on future releases" it's utter madness to keep people in the dark especially when this has been the most requested feature for over a year (although kudos on the website redesign which nicely hides the most requested behind the most recently active, an extremely transparent piece of spin!).
This whole episode has left a sour taste, I'm not going to threaten to sell my Sonos components, they're to good, I will however be rethinking my surround sound solution, bye bye £1,000 for Sonos.
Sort it!
Too bad there no viable application for  sonos under  Windows surface. I have just bought a play3 Sonos that I'm going to return to the local reseller.
what about a new status? My surface 2 needs this. The world needs this
When the newest Apple iPhone was released, I promptly laughed and made way with researching the Surface Pro 2 and Nokia line of Windows Phone 8 smartphones. The changes in these devices allowed for me to still keep it simple in my day to day tasks while still being able to provide the complexity I needed for more special needs. I have been in the market for a wireless sound solution for approximately 3 years and have not yet purchased a Sonos device due to the lack of Windows 8 device support. With the newest launch of Windows 8 tablets, and while considering the numerous amounts of third party tablet developers, it seems that this would be an opportunistic time to launch a Windows 8 app for using your devices.
Please implement this. Many of my friends want a Sonos system but they have Windows Phone and soon Surface tablets.
I was considering bying a Sonos system, but saw that it does'nt support Windows phones. Now i will have to wait...
Bad business Sonos!  I had to buy the piece of crap PHONOS app for $4.99.  That app works for basic play but I'd much rather have a native Sonos app!  It's Nov 2013 and still no app for WP8.  There are tons of WP8 device owners out there.  Why are you not creating the app?  Like others have said, I will not be buying another Sonos device until you get your act together and take care of your customers!  FYI...you decided to force people to use an app in order to use your product so it's the COST OF DOING BUSINESS in providing apps for ALL operating systems.  Get with the program!
Ive started chasing them up on Twitters as well as no one from Sonos appears to be looking at this stream.  Mind you if this support site is anything to go by I doubt they will respond on any medium.  Still can only live in hope!
'It's been a little while since our last update'. Correction, it's been more than a little while. Damn this company sure excels in irritating a substantial part of its existing and potential customer base! I spent over £1000 on Sonos kit in the Summer also on the advice that a WP8 app was 'imminent'. I do feel conned and certainly won't be buying anymore Sonos kit because of this.
Please can we have a Windows Phone 8 controller? Pretty please? With sugar on top? And a cherry?

Otherwise my husband has sole control of our music 😕
It must be the right time for Sonos to get this done - publish an APP for Windows 8 (RT and Pro) and Windows Phone. Come on.... According to the latest smartphone shipments for Q3 2013, Windows Phone is the second largest OS in a number of markets!! Get in the game Sonos and listen to your customers and look at the market!!
Having a Windows 8 PC, Windows 8 Laptop, Surface with Windows 8 RT, Windows Phone 8, this would be a killer app for me.
Excactly the same here. And with the new Surface 2 and the Nokia tablet announced Sonos should understand WindowsRT/Phone8 is here to stay
Badge
I just purchased and setup my first Sonos system that consist of a Play:1 and a Bridge.  I am now considering expanding the system after I have used it for just one day.  However I am a Windows household and would really like to have a native Windows 8 app and also a Windows Phone 8 app.  I have Windows 8 desktop, laptop, 3 tablets (a Surface 2, Surface Pro 2, Dell Venue 8 Pro) and a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8.  So a native Windows 8 app and a Windows Phone 8 app would be of great use.  Especially a Windows Phone 8 app since the desktop controller can be used on two of my tablets but I can't use my phone at all and that is usually near me more then the tablets.
I'm in the same boat, our house is Windows across the board and would really like to see an app for the WP8.  In the meantime, check out Phonos for your WP8.  It actually works pretty well.  It's about $5 in the marketplace.
Badge
I'd be VERY pleased to have a Windows Store App for Sonos! Windows Phone Store App would be appreciated too!
We have now 1265 votes for this threat and Sonos still give us no timeline since one year. How impertinent is this John?
Userlevel 2
Today Your website says: "Control every room, from any Device"

Maybe it should say "Control every room, from most Devices."?

I have Sonos in 5 rooms + my garden, but I will not expand this further until you support RT and WP8... 

Please give us a hint!
Seriously Sonos, this is starting to get really embracing…
We still miss a Windows Modern App as well as Windows Phone Apps. Windows Phone got a larger market share in the last 12 month. Selling each month nearly the same amount of device as Apple worldwide (if we look at the IDC numbers). With this devies we need in Integration into XBox Music as well.
This would be a real additional benefit in contrast to the opponent Teufel. They also miss a Windows RT and Phone App. In my case: The first company offering such an app gets the award.
Please SONOS, you cannot ignore Windows Phone/Surface. In Q3/2013 Windows Phone outsold IPhone in several EU countries. Get to Work and make an App!
here's a thought, how about providing an update more than once every 4 months?!
It's been a little while again and again and .......
There ist no value in your consideration, just do it!
When? 
I like to support this. We need a Sonos app for Windows RT and Windows Phone badly.