Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Userlevel 2
I have a Windows RT I will buy a Windows Phone Nokia Lumia 1020 Please build a APP
How hard can it be? I'm only gonna buy Sonos if its supported on Windows Phone 8 & RT!
How can we get an update 3 months ago saying, "i know its been a long time" then nothing for ages again. Come on sonos its cant be that hard to update your fans can it?
Userlevel 2
Come on Sonos - Windows Phone has almost 10% market share - we need you to develop a WP8 app, we want to be able to switch to WP8 devices, without loosing the abillity to control our preferable music system...! How hard can it be?
Userlevel 2
I've been waiting more than a year now to extend my Sonos system. It would be a great system if we could use it from our phones and tablets but we cannot. The new Play:1 seems promising but without a controller it is useless to me. Sonos really has a poor user experience for me right now.
I am happy Sonos is headed in a "good" direction regarding the Sonos controller for Windows Phone according to John M. Keep on going and quickly please. Sonos is the best.
Hi, I still cannot believe that this is taking so long. It's impossible to believe that you don't have sufficient demand from users on Windows 8 RT and Windows Phone 8 to justify what is a simple port of your existing app. At this point it's looking like I'll be ditching my Sonos for something supplied by a company who will value, listen to and support their customers.
What does that have to do with a multi-room perfectly synced audio system?
Sonos is indeed the best of quality but the lack of integration with Microsoft hard & software (windows phone, xbox, ...) is stunning. How many request do we need to launch? haven't been playing my sonos since my xbox music account 😞
Sold my Sonos system due to lacking Windows RT and WP support. Have been waiting long enough for it. I might come back using Sonos, when Windows platform is properly supported.
Badge +1
Okay Sonos Team, not sure what your delay is. I just saw the new Play 1 speaker and have a great place for it, but honestly, not sure I want to spend money on something that won't work with Windows 8 devices. I now have the Nokia 1020 that operates on Windows 8 (soon 8.1) and would love to be able to control my music system via this device. Why the hold up on supporting Windows devices? I'm totally stumped by the non support. Looks like the last official update might have been 3 months ago, anything further yet?
Love Sonos and my Play 5 - about to get the Play 1. I also love my Windows Phone and Windows Tablet and would love, love, love to have a Sonos app on these devices to control my music. Thanks for accepting user feedback!
Been thinking of getting the Play 1 but without Windows Phone and/or Surface support it is just a non starter, Christmas is coming up too so can't see me upgrading any time soon which is a pity as I really like the Sonos system. It looks like there is no point waiting for an update from Support as its already 3 months since we had any word from them.......
Still no sonos-app for windows phone and RT, come on sonos it is about time now !
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thought I would chime in on this as well. Windows 8 as a tablet platform is certainly gaining traction, and I am considering a Surface 2. Even if that wasn't RT, a lot of these touch-based Windows 8 hybrids or tablets would really benefit from having a Sonos app specifically made for touch. I have other devices as well to control Sonos, but I sincerely hope this is coming and is being worked on. Hopefully by the end of year or early next year.
Badge
Just bought Surface 2. I have had the Surface RT since day one. Sonos, you should have a good look at the Rhapsody app that runs on Surface RT, it is fantastic: it even "Plays-to" Sonos hardware just fine. I would suggest SONOS talk to their friends over at Rhapsody to see how they made such a great app. I would love to continue my commitment to SONOS but we really, really need a WIN 8 Metro app!!! PS Just got news from SONOS they will be dropping support for my CR100 controller, great, so give a WIN 8 app!!!
Come on Sonos, please comment on whether you are working on these apps, and if so, when we should expect them! I've just taken the plunge on a Connect:amp and a Play:1 and I don't want to be forced to go & buy some crappy Android tablet just so I can control them!
Please please please add... 1. Windows RT App 2. Windows 8 Phone App 3. Xbox Music / Zune Music Subscription service
Userlevel 2
Badge
As I continue to add to my Sonos collection (4 x Play:1), the need for a Windows Phone 8 controller app is essential. I have no desire to purchase ios or android equipment and having to fire up my Surface Pro every time I want to change settings etc is frustrating. Nice to know a WP8 app is under consideration but please hurry up.
Sonos, its time to communicate with your customers! What is current status on the Windows 8, RT and WP8 app?
It's quite amazing after all this time and so many requests that Sonos still can't provide an answer to their plans for Windows RT/WP and XBox Music. I got a Connect for free, but I'm not going to buy a Sonos product before this is in place, and I'm not advising anyone else to do so either. Even a Beta would be ok. I know for a fact that programming for WP8 Win RT isn't all that difficult...
Come onnnn! How much is it to get this done? $5000? You want me to pay it? Very disappointing so far I must say. 
Sonos isn't under my consideration anymore. It's ridicolous that it takes such a long time to create a Sonos app for Windows Phone and Windwos RT. Windows Phone markets share in Germany is 8,8 % (plus 5 in one year), iOS markets share is 9,5 % (minus 1,6). Make a decision what the future is. In England Windows Phone markets share is 12 %.

Hej, we take about develloping an Sonos App and not to fight the Roman Empire. I'm looking now for a bluetooth solution to stream my music from my Windwos Phone and my Surface RT. I know it's not like it could be under Sonos. But currently Sonos on Windows Phone or Surface RT is nothing. Thank you Sonos, it could be so beautiful. But I have to go. Because you are not interested in customs like me. By, By ...
Just do it.
I'd like to add my support for this too. Can we get some update on if/when this is coming on windows phone and tablets. If its not coming, then I don't want to expand my sonos collection and start considering other options
Userlevel 2
Please Sonos,

Stop looking at relative percentages and start looking at the absolute number of customers you are letting down. I'ts getting increasingly annoying to ask my wife's iPad to control Sonos. The phonos app on my Windows phone is workable, but does not provide the possibilities the iPad app has. The phonos app on my Surface RT is a joke and will backfire on you if you don't hurry up now. (I know phonos is not yours, but it apparently fills a gap you guys are unwilling to fill)

You can't continue this silence. Just give us a decent answer. Are you going to develop apps or not. If yes: when? 

Need help developing or testing Windows phone of RT apps? Contact me.

By the way, but it looks like you don't care, I'm not investing anything anymore in my Sonos system atm and am looking for decent alternatives.