I have a few suggestions regarding search function in the app, and the search engine itself. Using S2 on current ios devices or windows desktop app, sonos software up to date.
- current search in music library is “literal” and only works on exact text matches. Some of my albums/tracks show “piano concerto” and some show “concerto for piano”, and if I input “piano concerto” only tracks with that in the track text appear. In itunes, and most other music apps, if I search for “piano concerto”, both show up.
- when I use the sonos app to search spotify, I can use “piano concerto”, “concerto for piano” or “concerto piano” spotify shows the same results, apparently doing an implict “and”, not simply a literal match.
- possible addition of boolean search so “and” and “or” can be used, or perhaps , or + operators
- there is no search from the edit playlist page in the app, where I would most like to perform a search.
- there doesn’t appear to be a way to search for a combination of artist and track. For example, “Laura Groves infinite wisdom” returns nothing. Nor does “mozart piano sonata”.
I think those would all be worthwhile improvements. Thank you.
Best answer by Sotiris C.View original
@thorenj , thank you for the post.
I will drop this here, if you want to have a look:
This thread has been marked as a feature request and will be forwarded to the relevant teams for consideration.
Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, I use search mostly from my local library of 4k albums, so the current “new search” doesn’t work on that. I occasionally use spotify, so it might be useful, but the new search option does not show up on either my windows 10 sonos app, nor on the ipads which I use as controllers. Don’t know why.
I appreciate you forwarding my thoughts to the development team.
It would be nice if the “sonos community” service could send me an email notification when somebody replies. Another suggestion :-)