Skip to main content

Suggest Same Volume Levels When You Group Rooms

• 21 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I suggest a capability in the Controller App.

BLUF: When you group rooms, the volume levels are set in order to achieve balance and equality.

Situation. In my great room (living room, kitchen, eating area) I have the playbar, sub, and a pair of play 2 for my TV. I also have a pair of play 3 near the TV and a pair of play 1 at the other end of the great room. In this great room I have three "rooms" in Sonos. TV room (playbar...), Music Room (Play 5), and the kitchen (play 1). Sometimes I like to group them all together. When I do this, I have to adjust the volume for each room in order to achieve balance/ equality.

Could there be a present or another way to group rooms with a present volume control? Or, to create a room of several rooms and then establish levels using the setup?
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Correction. Could there be a preset, not a present. Must be Christmas time.:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I personally would rather it not. Especially on units like a Connect where the volume may be purposefully low because the volume is being controlled by an attached amplifier. I may also have rooms that I don't want even close to the currently playing room volume.

I prefer volume at last played in that room. If I'm concerned with what a volume in room is before I group I go to that room and adjust the volume before grouping in.
Chris, thanks reading and adding your input. I agree with you.
Perhaps I didn't convey exactly what I am trying to do.
I have a number of speakers (8 total) in one room. The speakers are paired together or part of the playbar system. Sometimes I like to play all the speakers at the same time. When I play them all at the same time I have to adjust the mix. Perhaps if there was a room where you could add more than two speakers (besides the playbar tv room) and adjust them mix using truplay. I too use the line-in for my turntable and and tape and there is no issue when I adjust the mix for all the speakers.