Stuck in "Check for Updates" loop

• 15 August 2014
  • 5 replies

I connected the controller app on my iPhone to my different Sonos devices (bridge, play 5, and two play 1's). After connecting each, the app says "Some of your Sonos components need to be udpated." When I click "Check for Updates" I get the message "NO UPDATE REQUIRED". When I click Done, it drops me back onto the same "Check for Updates" screen. The same thing happens when I try it from my Macbook Pro and my iPad. How can I get out of this loop and start using my devices?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hello User1470507,

It sound like you are on a beta version of SONOS? In that case you should install the controllers from the email links sent to you.

Could you please submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number?

Thanks,
Moritz.
updated on mac laptop. stuck in products must be updated screen.
I am having a similar experience, however, my loop after pressing “check for updates” is to the App Store and back to the app to press check for updates again.
I am having a similar experience, however, my loop after pressing “check for updates” is to the App Store and back to the app to press check for updates again.Uninstall the app and then install afresh from the app store.
Plus when you do, select 'connect to existing system', not set up new system.