Skip to main content
Question

Stream something from Live-Now to my Sonos

• 19 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Can anybody help?

I have paid for Pete Tong via Live-Now tonight.

I have the website open on my laptop,

I have Sonos open on my laptop.

How can I stream the URL via my Sonos!?

I have 4 sonos 1’s and the Sub

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @vonmarshall

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

Upon checking, Pete Tong via Live-Now tonight is broadcasting over BBC Radio and in your location, it's no longer available in Sonos. 

As an alternative, this may be working and available on other radio services. Let me share with you how you can listen again to your radio station.

1. Check other Radio services:
    • Global Player
    • iHeart Radio
    • Radio.com
    • Radio.net
    • Radioplayer
    • Absolute Radio 
  2. You can also try to add the streaming URL in the Sonos app. First, you need to contact the station you wish to add directly is often the easiest way of finding the Streaming URL. Just make sure the stream is of one of the compatible formats; MP3, AAC, or WMA.
    • Using the Sonos App for iOS or Android:
      • From the Browse tab, select Radio service
      • Tap My Radio Stations
      • Tap the three dots in the top right and tap Add New Radio Station
      • Enter the Streaming URL and Station Name and tap OK

Other options on how you can stream Pete Tong’s broadcast depends on the type of speakers you have: You can stream using Bluetooth on Sonos Move and stream via AirPlay2 on Sonos devices with AirPlay2 capabilities.

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.