Skip to main content

I want to stay with the the original sonos app but I am not getting the option to do so.  it does not appear in the Learn More section as instructions say it will.  Any one else have this issue?

Which SONOS components are in your system?

Only one- connect:amp

J’ai un disque dur connecté sur freebox via USB. Depuis que j’ai installé S2, je n’ai plus accès à ma bibliothèque musicale qui passait par un Bridge incompatible S2. Quelle solution me préconisez-vous?

I want to stay with the the original sonos app 

Have you the app, S1 version, on your device already? If not, get it. If yes, why stops you from staying with it?

Hi @Tillsley 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You can only put Sonos products that already have S2 firmware onto S1 if there is an existing S1 system. A unit that is on S2 (such as your Connect) cannot create an S1 system.

The reason for this is that there is no reason to downgrade to S1 if you don’t have to. Taking a one-unit-system that is on S2 and downgrading it to S1 serves no purpose.

Thank you Corry but I have been using my Sonos product for about 5 years with original app and had no problems.  Problems started when I upgraded to S2 so I would like to know how to stay on S1.  

Thank you Corry but I have been using my Sonos product for about 5 years with original app and had no problems.  Problems started when I upgraded to S2 so I would like to know how to stay on S1.  

As stated, you can’t go back to S1 if all of your Sonos products are on S2 already.

What problems are you having?  More then likely, whatever issues you’re seeing are not related to S1/S2, and switching back to S1 is unlikely to resolve anything.

I have connect:amp and from what I have researched it is not S2 compatible.  
One issue is when on live radio it constantly stops and starts but when it starts up again, it always broadcasts the same ad……not what the radio is broadcasting at the time.

And when streaming Apple Music, it stops in the middle of songs then jumps to another one.

Never happened before switching to S2

You cannot have switched to S2 if your Connect:amp is not S2 compatible. What is the year you bought your Connect:amp?

I’ve had it about 5 years.

Sonos automatically upgraded but it said if I wanted to stay on S1 that option is available in the Learn more banner but it isn’t there or at least I didn’t find it.

From Sonos S2 compatibility | Sonos

“Not sure if your product is Gen 1, Gen 2, or Gen 3? Check the System section of your Sonos account page to find out if your products are compatible with S2. Some products may not show what Gen they are, so look for Sonos S1 Required next to any products that are not compatible with S2.”

Upgrading to S2 should be a conscious proces, requiring you to tap “yes” a few times.

But all this is water under the bridge: you cannot downgrade unless you own another Sonos device that is still on S1. You problems sound like connection problems, so maybe Sonos, or the forum, can help with that.

Hi @Tillsley 

I assure you, your Connect is compatible with S2 as it is running it right now.

In addition, it is impossible for you to go back to S1 without buying a used S1-only product first.

Therefore, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system on how to fix the problems you’ve mentioned.

First, however, I recommend you reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds, to see if that improves matters. If not, please call in.