Skip to main content

Hiya, 

I use spotify and rather than adding the songs i like into a playlist, i like them, meaning they are all together, under ‘Liked Songs’. Does anyone know how i can play these songs on my sonos, i can’t find a way! 

Thanks! Amelie

I don’t think you can directly in the Sonos app, as compared with some services Spotifys use of the Sonos app is very limited. But you can use the Spotify app to start the Like Playlist playing and then cast it to Sonos using the Connect feature in the Spotify app. If you then wish it to play on multiple Sonos speakers you have to go to the Sonos app to sync up the speakers.

I don’t think you can directly in the Sonos app, as compared with some services Spotifys use of the Sonos app is very limited. But you can use the Spotify app to start the Like Playlist playing and then cast it to Sonos using the Connect feature in the Spotify app. If you then wish it to play on multiple Sonos speakers you have to go to the Sonos app to sync up the speakers.

Ahhh i see, thank you! 

I know your answer is correct, so that’s not what I’m about.

How come we now have to use TWO apps and click on several bottons just to listen to the music we have liked in Spotify? The trick of just liking songs in Spotify is that it’s EASY, you don’t need to do a hundred clicks for every action.

Enter Sonos, and now that one thing that made listening to music easy is now divided over two different apps that need several clicks each. And yes, I understand that Sonos points to Spotify and Spotify points to Sonos. I don’t care, it’s rubbish.

I know your answer is correct, so that’s not what I’m about.

How come we now have to use TWO apps and click on several bottons just to listen to the music we have liked in Spotify? The trick of just liking songs in Spotify is that it’s EASY, you don’t need to do a hundred clicks for every action.

Enter Sonos, and now that one thing that made listening to music easy is now divided over two different apps that need several clicks each. And yes, I understand that Sonos points to Spotify and Spotify points to Sonos. I don’t care, it’s rubbish.

I agrée, i get on well with the other aspects of Sonos, i think it’s very easy to use but this aspect is definitely a let down! More than Half the time when playing a song / playlist on spotify it doesn’t even let me play it on my sonos, which is a further problem. Disappointing aspect from the SONOS team, especially considering how great the rest of the app is! 

I believe those in the know would say that the limitations in the Sonos app regarding Spotify are entirely down to how much Spotify are willing to engage with it and use it, and not down to Sonos. 

I use Spotify as a back up to Deezer (for those songs/artists missing from Deezer). The Deezer engagement means that whilst I occasionally have to use Deezer to like particular artists my everyday engagement with Deezer is via the Sonos app.