Skip to main content

It seems to be possible to play to (my) Sonos Setup without beeing physically accessing my WiFi nor being near to my home. So to make clear: I´m sure about that nobody externally is stearing Sonos via SONOS App.

What I found out is that If you ever been connected to someones Sonos Speakers with Spotify (e.g. in a friends house and with the permission accessing the Wifi) you are able to play music on this Sonos from any point the world / internet. Is that correct? How could I limit this access to sonos. Or is there a way how to make visible who is playing music actually?

Only the last person that was connected to your system via Spotify Connect can still be playing music through Spotify even after he’s left your house. You van limit this access by not giving others access to your wifi.

You can also ‘break’ this connection by playing a non-Spotify stream when you want to stop the Spotify Connect streaming signal possibility. They won’t have access to your Sonos again until they get back in to your Wi-Fi signal. 

Thanks for you replies. Actual a friend of my son who was in my house 6 month ago started his Spotify and streamed his music to my house  / Sonos and he was definitely not near the wifi here.
Cause I hear a lot of music thru my Sonos i couldn´t believe that this is possible.

So there is now way to see nor to analyse who also is able to stream to my sonos anytime in the future? Thats a clear bug to this system/Firmware.

As @Airgetlam stated above it should not be possible for someone to play from Spotify Connect to your system if you have played anything else since he last played. If this happens again you could maybe make a diagnostic and contact Sonos so they can see what’s going on.

But this starts by giving people access to your network. This is not a goed idea for many reasons. They could reach your printer or your computer and the files on it. Does your router not make it possible to set up a guest network?