Skip to main content
I would like to be able to quickly switch from a few "configurations" of speakers.

That would allow me, for example, to easily group the living room, dining room and kitchen, then ungroup them to play the TV in living room (and avoid echo sound).

Saving the volume as well would be very useful too: When sitting in one room, I must re-tweak the volume of each speaker of the apartment to get a great sound in that room.

Is that possible? If not how do I request this? 😛
You can set the living room to ungroup and autoplay TV audio whenever it sense audio coming from optical/hdmi-arc.

The other features are not currently possible with the Sonos app...and since Sonos reads these, you just made the feature request. :-)

There may be various 3rd party control apps that can control Sonos in the way you want. I currently use the Lutron hub, and can control various lights along with Sonos speakers. I just a quick test and it looks like I can setup a routine that will group rooms, set volume levels and either play a select audio source or pause audio. Pretty close to what you're looking for.
The other features are not currently possible with the Sonos app...and since Sonos reads these, you just made the feature request. :-)

Right on the money. This isn't the first request for a feature like this, as such, I'm happy to add your name (Thomas) to the list. Should we introduce a feature like this, we will surely post an announcement and be sure to come back and update this topic. Thanks!
To add a more specific use case: I often listen to my music in living room + kitchen + dining room but not in bathroom. Then when I watch the TV, the echo from other rooms is annoying and I select only living room. After that, I have to start my music and select again every room except bathroom + set the volume again because now the living room (with the TV) is way to loud.
If you have an iPhone - have you tried Sonoseqencr. You can set one button to group rooms and set volume in each.
There are also some IFTTT ways to do this now as well if you have something like an Alexa or such to give quick command to.
If you have an iPhone - have you tried Sonoseqencr. You can set one button to group rooms and set volume in each.

Great, thanks! I'll check it out. Looks like what I wanted (too bad it doesn't seem to support Spotify)
If you group with Sonoseqencr then play from Spotify Connect direct to Sonos it should keep the group intact.