Sonosnet password reset?

• 16 January 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge
So sonosnet started asking for a password. Never did before. I have no idea what it is. How do I reset? I have searched the forums and nothing is working

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonosnet asking for password. I'm going to assume this is using and android device and trying to connect direct to Sonosnet. Have you tried toggling off direct Sonosnet connectability in settings and then turning it back on.
Badge
Chris, thank you for the response. Yes - this is a Galaxy S7 Edge that I'm trying to connect directly to sonosnet. Worked fine in the past.
I did try as you suggested but no go. Really strange. I only found one other forum discussion where this was a problem, but apparently it was solved by doing what you suggested. Has not worked for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
May want to turn it off. Then go into wifi settings and tell your phone to delete/forget that wireless network. Then turn it back on in Sonos and try to connect again.
Badge
I'll give that a shot when I get home. Thanks.
Chris,

I'm not an Android user, but what's the advantage to connecting to SonosNet versus the normal wifi? I'd think the speed would be lower, but I guess perhaps its a distance thing, taking advantage of the mesh networking?
Badge
Chris, this worked. I forgot the network and then unplugged/plugged back in my bridge.
Bruce - I have some deadspots in my home and sonosnet covers the area. I don't really care about the speed because I'm not streaming movies or anything on my phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea Airgetlam - one advantage is a lot of people have their Sonosnet extending further then their home wifi. Imagine your home wifi has pretty good signal in your house but poor reception in the back yard. But you have all your Sonos units running Sonosnet so the Play speaker by the back door is sending out a very strong signal to the backyard. Want to control your Sonos in the back yard - connecting direct to the Sonosnet would work better then trying to get week signal all the way from your home router.
Thank you both for the new knowledge.