Sonos won't update my library

• 13 January 2015
  • 4 replies

I added an album to my itunes.  I went to Sonos to update my music library. Afterwords, the album was not in Sonos.  I restarted the system and updated the library. No new album.  I deleted the music folder from my PC on my Sonos system and then readded it.  Still no new album.  There seems to be no way to get new music on Sonos. Very frustrating.  I did a search for a few of the songs. They are not found within the Sonos system.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi James,
Please check to make sure that your new album has been downloaded to your computer and is not stored in the cloud. The Sonos system can't access music that is stored in the cloud. You can tell by the cloud icon next to the tracks in iTunes.
If your music has downloaded on to your computer and isn't showing up in Sonos, it may be due to the metadata encoded into the album's tracks. Please check the folder view in your music library menu of the Sonos app. The folder view shows file names rather than the track's metadata. If you can find the album in folder view, you may have to update the metadata information on the album. Here's a guide to editing the metadata in iTunes: Edit metadata.
Remember to update the Sonos music library index after any changes to your library or metadata. To update your music library index from the desktop controller, head to the manage menu and choose to update music library now.
Please let us know if these steps do not work.
Badge
Sruggling withn the same problem. Made sure the album is not in the coulds, but still: no download. The rest of the explanation I don't undertstand, sorry!!
Badge
so please help
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sruggling withn the same problem. Made sure the album is not in the coulds, but still: no download. The rest of the explanation I don't undertstand, sorry!!

Hi adindavanh,

What is the source of your library? Music downloaded from online services generally has DRM protection that prevents third party systems like Sonos from playing it. If your music is purchased, then it should play as long as the music has been downloaded on to your computer or on to your mobile phone.

If you send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, as well as more information about the source of the music, I can take a look and see what's going on.