Skip to main content
I'm trying to reconnect Sonos with my iTunes library. It seems to see all of my iTunes music, but it can't seem to find any of my playlists (under Imported Playlists)

How can I fix this?
Which iTunes playlists are you expecting to see? The internal iTunes playlists that only exist in the big "iTunes Music Library.xml" files (Sonos won't read that), or manually exported playlists (typically something like a .m3u file that lists all the track files that make up the playlist)?
Which iTunes playlists are you expecting to see? The internal iTunes playlists that only exist in the big "iTunes Music Library.xml" files (Sonos won't read that), or manually exported playlists (typically something like a .m3u file that lists all the track files that make up the playlist)?

Sonos is able to read the "iTunes Music Library.xml", so I'd recommend to point the Sonos library to the iTunes parent directory.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/154/~/importing-playlists-from-other-apps-like-itunes
Ah. Thought that big iTunes library was proprietary and locked to iTunes. Learn new Sonos tricks every day on here...
Sonos can even handle Smart Playlists created in iTunes.