Skip to main content
Hi there, I am currently trying to set up my new Sonos speakers, but the Sonos app says I need the latest update. Problem is, I have the latest update. I have even deleted and re-downloaded the App. Anyone have a solution?

iPhone XS Max, latest iOS update, latest Sonos app update.
If you happen to have another mobile device such as a phone or tablet, or computer; try connecting that to the system and check for updates. That should clear out this issue. Had to do that once on mine.
You need the system to be on the latest version, not just the controller. Go to Settings, and tap System Updates.
You need the system to be on the latest version, not just the controller. Go to Settings, and tap Online Updates. No updates for the system available.
If you happen to have another mobile device such as a phone or tablet, or computer; try connecting that to the system and check for updates. That should clear out this issue. Had to do that once on mine. Tried it on my iPad, and same error. I do not have an Android device.
What controller device are you using? What OS is it running?
What controller device are you using? What OS is it running? I'm on iOS 12.2 and my Sonos app is at 10.1.1, all the latest version.
So the first speaker sets up, then you gwt the mesaage that you need the latest update? Then what happens? I assume these are new speakers fresh put the box?
So the first speaker sets up, then you gwt the mesaage that you need the latest update? Then what happens? I assume these are new speakers fresh put the box? Yes, they are brand new. When I tap to add speakers, it tells me I need to update the Sonos Controller. Then it takes me to a website in Safari which directs me to the Sonos app in the App Store, which shows 'Open' and not 'Update'. Refreshing App Store updates tab does not show an update available. Deleting Sonos app and reinstalling does not fix the issues.

Seems like the app is requesting a new version of the app, which is not available yet?
There has just been a controller update on Android so it is just possible it has got caught in a temporary limbo on iOS. It might be best to try again in a couple of hours
There has just been a controller update on Android so it is just possible it has got caught in a temporary limbo on iOS. It might be best to try again in a couple of hours Yeah, the Sonos update for iOS was *yesterday*