Skip to main content

Fairly simple issue.  I’ve seen this happen with other apps but can’t remember which ones.  Google Music worked awesome with the Sonos app on my desktop as well as mobile.  I’ve migrated everything over to Youtube Music but when I try and connect Sonos with Youtube it says my email and / or password are wrong.  The message I get is “The email and password you entered did not match our records.  Please try again.”    I’m guessing there is a log file that may have an old password in it?  I am using the most current SONOS app on a windows machine.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Hi @cpinkdot

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Let me share some information to help you out. 

If you receive an error message, “The email and password you entered did not match our records.  Please try again.” could be account related. You can try to logout and re-login to your Youtube Music account to test. 

If there's no issue with your account, you can try the following steps. 

1. Reboot your Windows PC and try adding Youtube Music again.
2. Use your mobile device to add Youtube Music.
3. Try it on other mobile devices.

If it's still doesn't work, you may need to contact our phone support team to look into this. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to address the issue. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, I'll be glad to assist you. 

Perfect. Thank you!