Skip to main content

Hi,

We have Crestron TSW-760 touch panels running firmware 2.009.0061 & Sonos apps version 10.6.2.

Crestron recently released a webpage stating that this would be the last version of Sonos app for the TSW-x60 line of panels. Crestron has another page suggesting that TSW-x60 will only support S1 & that they have no products that support S2 (“New products supporting S2 coming soon”).

Is that your reading of this? Has anyone updated Sonos to S2 & seen what happens on the Crestron screens? Will Crestron break for sure? It looks like it will be a one way move… S2 cannot downgrade to S1, and Crestron has no plans to update the Sonos app so if it doesn’t work with S2, then it’s game over for Crestron to be able to control Sonos. If anyone in our building presses the “Update” button in the Sonos iOS app, then we’re screwed.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

I have a Crestron Home OS3 system with 1060 panels. I'm not using the native TSW Sonos App... Just updated my Sonos to S2 and the Crestron integration works fine. 

Thanks Mike, I’m not sure how feasible it would be for us to switch over to Crestron OS3. Our system was built 2 years ago & integrates Sonos, Coolinkhub, Dynalite, security, cameras & a whole lot of other things. I would imagine a complete rewrite would be necessary for OS3 & that could take months to get right & cost $$$$$$ in someone to do it.

It's probably a lot less than you think. You'd need a CP4-R ($2k list). The big difference is OS3 is not custom programmed like your current system. It's a configurable sandbox, so you have to pick the components from what is available in the certified driver database. There's also very little customization of the UI. The code has been very stable and is completely configured on an iPad app - no SIMPL at all, except for 'external triggers' to do the customizations like on screen camera PIP. I had several custom programmed systems over the last 15 years. I switched to OS3 last year and haven't looked back. 30+ zones of lighting, Hvac, cameras, access control, security system, theater, video distribution, sonos... 

Does that mean I can do it on my own or do I still need a Crestron certified person to do it with access to the appropriate software tools? (I tried to look into getting certification myself a couple of years ago but the Crestron people on Australia just weren’t interested in taking my money for certification.)

It’s certainly simplified enough now that an end user can do most anything. You don’t need any of the specialized software. However the product line is still limited through the dealer network, so you’ll likely need to engage them for at least a box sale, if you want support. Looks like CP4-R are going for $700-1400 USD on eBay. 

So, just to follow up on this, I’m told that Crestron OS3 with a CP4R won’t integrate with the rest of our system, so it’s a no-go here. Our main lighting, fans and window coverings run on Dynalite, and apparently OS3 doesn’t support any integration with Dynalite at all.