Answered

Sonos S2

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

So it is 4pm on the 8th June here and still no Sonos S2 update. Hmmmmm.

icon

Best answer by larsvdberg 8 June 2020, 11:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

180 replies

My thoughts are slightly different and to take the current trade-up offer of 30% and use the vouchers to buy the new Play 5 (gen 3’s) and also sell on the Play 5 (gen 1’s) as they are still a sought after device by some. That way, your overall outlay should be less now, than it maybe further down the line. The trade-up offer is probably not going to be around forever.

The trade-up offer probably won’t last forever, but I doubt it’s going to disappear this year, and I can’t imagine Sonos won’t give customers at least 30 days notice before it ends.  To me, if you plan on selling your old units, then the question of what the used value of play:5 gen 1’s is the bigger factor from a cost perspective.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks guys, for your thoughts.:musical_note:

I’ve successfully completed the S2 upgrade to my system - have the S2 logo on my iPad desktop right along side the S1 controller icon - how do i safely remove the S1 controller icon from my desktop thereby only leaving the S2 logo icon?

I’ve successfully completed the S2 upgrade to my system - have the S2 logo on my iPad desktop right along side the S1 controller icon - how do i safely remove the S1 controller icon from my desktop thereby only leaving the S2 logo icon?

Delete it, as you would any other app.