Answered

Sonos S1 Is Confused with Cover Art After Update on PC

• 19 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

On my PC i have a folder for all my music. iTunes uses that basic directory, some tracks are in their own sub directory, and some are listed as normal files with the main Music directory.

Whatever the previous version of the Sonos S1 software (SW), I updated to the latest v 11.2.12.

Playing music using my iphone Sonos app and PC S1 app works fine.

However, upon downloaded the latest the PC S1 SW, the cover art is messed up.

Almost all the tracks, which had their own cover art, have been replaced by a SINGLE cover art image.

I have no idea why.

The songs and cover art all in the same Music folder (I don’t manage the cover art, whatever comes with iTunes is what I have). Nothing has changed for years actually.

The music folder and my PC w/the S1 SW are on the same computer. So I have no idea what the hell happened.

Any suggestions- it’s annoying as hell.

icon

Best answer by James L. 19 October 2021, 09:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @viper69,

That certainly sounds like a very strange issue to come across. 

Is the cover art incorrect across both your PC controller and your iPhone controller? If so, then there is something wrong with the metadata of the music library.

If it’s only affecting the PC controller but not the iPhone, then there’s something happening specifically to the PC, preventing it updating to the correct album art. If the issue is reproducible (even after a reboot), you should submit a system diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number here so I can take a look at what might be happening.