Answered

Sonos S1 Controller for Mac Update Fail

• 3 November 2022
  • 29 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Using Sonos Controller for Mac, 14.18 S2 build 70134112 on macOS Ventura 13.1

Like others having an updating issue, quitting on install. Like this for about a month. Read all there is on here about the problem. Is there a fix or are we waiting for a software update?

Don’t find this a big problem but I like my system to work and don’t really understand what is going on. Grateful for comment please?

Thx to all for other postings on this.

Mike 

Like others having an updating issue, quitting on install. Like this for about a month. Read all there is on here about the problem. Is there a fix or are we waiting for a software update?

Don’t find this a big problem but I like my system to work and don’t really understand what is going on. Grateful for comment please?

Mike 

Hi Mike, regarding app-initiated updates failing, a pretty easy workaround is just to go to the Sonos download page https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads and grab the current version of the app and replace the installed version.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Mike 

Hi Mike, regarding app-initiated updates failing, a pretty easy workaround is just to go to the Sonos download page https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads and grab the current version of the app and replace the installed version.

Many thanks for this, all working as it should. Very grateful Mr Answer. Happy Christmas to you 🎄

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Seems to be due to a second-rate and poor upgrade process. I have a Macbook Air M1/Ventura OS 13.0.1 and recovered the installer from the trash, moved it (57.13-34140-1-4.dmg 11-12-39-619.dmg) to the downloads folder, double-clicked it there and, as requested by on-screen prompt, moved updated controller to app folder. Everything worked. Simples - but leaves me thinking Sonos’ testing of the update process is inadequate