Sonos Radio Playlist?

• 21 March 2021
  • 1 reply

You can see what’s playing right now …  but what if somebody asks you what was that cool track you were playing 3 songs ago.  A lot of radio stations have a play list that lists time and details on what was playing at any time during the day.  Doesn’t look like that exists for Sonos operated stations, perhaps it should?!

H

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hey @Heantune, welcome to the community.

Sonos O&O (owned and operated) stations work differently to how a normal radio station does. Essentially, they’re a massive, randomized playlist that starts and ends when you choose. We take numerous curated tracks for a specific genre/theme and shuffle them when you hit play. Therefore, there isn’t a set schedule for which track plays when, though if you listen to a station enough you’ll likely start hearing the same songs a few times over your listening sessions. I’ll definitely pass on the feedback that you’d like to see the listening history for a particular station to the Sonos Radio team, but I have a couple of options for you to consider.

1. If you have Sonos Radio HD, you can skip back to see the song you want to identify, then skip forward to where you were.
  2. You can use a service such as Last.fm which catalogues the music you’ve listened to from all manner of services (this is the option I use).