Skip to main content

I have read all the posts on having to shut off the bluetooth capability on the Sony side for the remote.  Yes, it gets my x900h remote to control the Playbar, but shuts off my ability to control my Spectrum cable box.   Advice welcome.  Not sure why that happens as the Spectrum box is a IR device as well.   Help :-)

Hi @mdcjmc, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you out with this.

You can only set up 1 remote at a time on the Sonos app to control the volume on your Sonos Playbar. If you setup Sony x900h remote, it deleted the setup for your Spectrum remote.

Hope this helps.

If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.

Thanks for the quick replay and yes I know that point.   The issue is that turning the bluetooth off on the Sony gave me the control of sonos playbar, but for a strange reason, it ended the Sony’s remote ability to control the Spectrum cable box that was working fine and it is also IR based, not bluetooth.  I know this is a three tech issue, but the best info I have found is from the Sonos community.  All the best.

Did the remote command your cable box or the TV (via HDMI-CEC)?

Great question…  not sure how I would know that one.  Sony’s manuals are weak, to be polite.