Skip to main content
Question

sonos not work with iphoen anymore

• 24 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Not sure if anyone canHelp me but I thought I’d ask here anyway so I recently updated to a new Sonos app and it told me to get rid of my bridge which I did. And did a blue tooth update and everything was fine could play my music but now I can’t play something from my phone on any of my speakers?  I have a playbar, 2 of the little cube shape ones and a sub only updated the Apple App as i was having issues. So cannot play over WiFi or Bluetooth anymore, should i try resetting it? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

First things first. Sonos doesn't do bluetooth except on the Sonos Move, so you can't have a problem with that. You haven't been able to play from your iPhone (except via Airplay, which your Playbase should do) since august 2019. And you can't "just update the app”, because the app (just a remote to the system) needs to be updated parallel with the system.

It looks like you upgraded your system to S2. In this proces you must have lost the Airplay possibility on your phone, at least temporarily. Have you tried restarting your router, Sonos devices and iPhone?