Skip to main content

I currently have a SONOS Connect and 2 SONOS ONES that I run on my SONOS  S1 APP (along with an old wired system).   Can I add a SONOS Move to the  SONOS S1 APP?

Hi @kennethcooper.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to confirm if you can add the Sonos Move to your current existing Sonos system. Let me help you out.

Yes, the Sonos Move is compatible with both the Sonos S1 and the Sonos S2 app.  Let me share with you the guide that discusses Sonos S2 compatibility.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

I am finding that the setup simply stalls when trying to add my Move using the S1 app.   There is a point where the app says to go to the accessory page and it just does there.  Any ideas?

Hi @sswope.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you are having challenges adding your Sonos Move. Let me help you out.

If the setup of the Sonos Move would not proceed with the Accessory setup page, I would like to suggest (if possible) using a different mobile device available. (android, iPad, another iPhone). Accessory setup is only exclusive to Apple devices. If the accessory setup is not processing try the below recommendation before you consider trying a different controller.

• Turn off Wi-Fi on your mobile phone’s settings.
  • Turn off and turn on your mobile phone or mobile controller.
  • Move the mobile controller and the Sonos move closer towards the router your Sonos is connected to. 
  • Turn on Wi-Fi and reconnect the Wi-Fi network.
  • Force close and re-open the Sonos App.
  • If your Sonos iPad successfully connects, it may have just been a system IP-address renewal.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

@sswope There’s a couple of possible solutions here https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/go-to-accessory-setup-button-in-app-does-not-work-when-trying-to-configure-sonos-play-1-help-6851305