Skip to main content

Why does my Sonos app show that I have a subscription for Sonos Radio HD when I don't?

When I click on the link, it opens this page:

Can you please stop pushing your HD radio? I have not spent hundreds of pounds on your equipment so that I can listen to radio, HD or otherwise.  If I want your HD radio, I'll subscribe, but please remove this duff information about me having a subscription when I don't!

Why does my Sonos app show that I have a subscription for Sonos Radio HD when I don't?

It isn’t showing that, which is why you’re offered a free trial if you tap through. It’s simply a link, in case you’re interested in pursuing it.

I don't have a subscription, but it's there in black and white, claiming that I have a subscription to Sonos Radio HD! Really poor sales skills from Sonos, fooling people into clicking on the free trial link.

I don't have a subscription, but it's there in black and white, claiming that I have a subscription to Sonos Radio HD! Really poor sales skills from Sonos, fooling people into clicking on the free trial link.

It’s not showing that… if you had subscribed to SR HD the App would show your subscription as “ACTIVE” … it isn’t, so you aren't.

fooling people into clicking on the free trial link.

Personally I don’t think anyone’s fooled. 

It’s not showing that… if you had subscribed to SR HD the App would show your subscription as “ACTIVE” … it isn’t, so you aren't.

I know I don't have a subscription, but it is misleading, probably purposely so, designed for non-subscribers to think "WTF! Did I accidentally sign up for a subscription?"

It should show "INACTIVE" or "Click here for free trial offer", instead of suggesting that I have a subscription.  A lame marketing scam.

fooling people into clicking on the free trial link.

Personally I don’t think anyone’s fooled. 

I completely agree with @ratty ...there is a process of signing up, manually entering monthly payment details etc. No one is being fooled at all - the choice is all down to the user.

I personally chose to sign-up entirely of my own accord and the family are enjoying the high quality service. It is a simple method to cancel the subscription too within the users online Sonos account under the separate subscriptions tab. 

I know I don't have a subscription, but it is misleading, probably purposely so, designed for non-subscribers to think "WTF! Did I accidentally sign up for a subscription?"

It should show "INACTIVE" or "Click here for free trial offer", instead of suggesting that I have a subscription.  A lame marketing scam.

Maybe change the heading to read ‘Available Subscriptions’ but where, or how, on earth is this a ‘scam’? - I think you’re just looking to argue a point. It is not forcing anyone to subscribe, you’re just interpreting the screen to bring forward a ‘minor’ matter, as being something much more than it is. It certainly is not a scam to make anyone sign up for the new Sonos service.

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying this is a scam I do find the in-app promotion of this pretty annoying, I'd be more tolerant of it on a free or low cost item but it's not something I'd expect to see on a more premium product.

I've looked without luck but is there a setting to turn off this kind of messaging?

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying this is a scam I do find the in-app promotion of this pretty annoying, I'd be more tolerant of it on a free or low cost item but it's not something I'd expect to see on a more premium product.

I've looked without luck but is there a setting to turn off this kind of messaging?

Yes - that option has always been in the Sonos users online account too. It’s right on the front page of the user profile . … see screenshot attached. 

Just go here:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/

Yes - that option has always been in the Sonos users online account too. It’s right on the front page of the user profile . … see screenshot attached. 

Just go here:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/

Are you referring to additional data in the privacy settings?

I've disabled that long ago if so.

Bernardo, 

I was referring to the two tick-boxes under ‘contact options’ as shown in the attached screenshot in my last post. You can just uncheck them (see attached) and save the settings.

Bernardo, 

I was referring to the two tick-boxes under ‘contact options’ as shown in the attached screenshot in my last post.

Thanks I missed that, I had 'app' still ticked in product information.

Somewhat disappointingly as soon as I saved that profile setting a banner appeared with a 'Gifts' link to Sonos shop.

🌩️

I’m quite sure Sonos are not out to ‘scam’ anyone, as mentioned earlier.

In my experience here, they have always been upfront with their customers and like any company they are simply marketing their products.

I choose to receive those marketing messages, from a personal perspective, as sometimes there can be offers that I maybe interested in and we are approaching the New Year ‘sales’ period. So I’m keeping those options enabled.

It's just marketing and nothing scammy as you say but I've definitely noticed an increase in this from Sonos in recent months..

Being presented with a promotional link after changing a setting to the contrary is a bit rubbish though.

It's just marketing and nothing scammy as you say but I've definitely noticed an increase in this from Sonos in recent months..

Being presented with a promotional link after changing a setting to the contrary is a bit rubbish though.

I think a lot of companies are doing this at the moment - Marketing is good for sales and good for jobs (directly and indirectly) in the current economic climate. It’s not like it’s something that you can’t switch off, as discussed.

Although I sometimes wish I could switch it off for a while on our TV (thank goodness for the BBC channels here in the UK) and ‘fast forward’ on our TiVo Box .😁

Sonos have now seen sense over this, as the above screenshot shows.

In fact, it still shows under Sonos Account in the app settings.  Lame marketing.

Mine shows I have an “active subscription to SONOS Radio HD”...but how do I get there? All my app says is SONOS Radio...nothing about HD. Where do I find it