Sonos Favorites NEEDS the Line-In as a selection!! It's easier for family!

• 21 February 2013
  • 64 replies

Userlevel 2
Please add where we can use the Line-In selections as a Sonos Favorites! It's easier for family to select a Favorite than to know what Line-In means. Thanks!!!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

64 replies

Userlevel 2
Sorry......please???
Userlevel 2
I've had several people ask what the Line-In means. If we can add the Line-In as a favorite, example, Line-In is labeled CD Player as a favorite, then it would be great!
it's a no brainer! what a great idea
Userlevel 2
Added a Sonos today at an neighbors home for his deck/pool area and we added the cable TV sound into the line-in on the back of the Sonos. This way he can listen to his sport channels outside as well as Pandora, etc. The first thing he asked was, "What's Line-In mean?" All I could do was laugh. I named it TV Sound but trying to get him to remember to go to Line-In, then TV Sound was for some reason, hard. Easy for me & most but if we could just make the Line-In a Favorite, it would be fantastic! Imagine if he had several Sonos devices.
I just added a Play3 to my kitchen. I would like this feature for baseball games. I have a TV connected to a Play5, and when I want to go to the kitchen during an inning, I would be great to be able to go to favorites to turn it on in the kitchen. I have found a few good workarounds using 3rd party apps, but would still like this feature.
Userlevel 2
Title should read "Line-in as a Favorite". My bad! Really wish this would happen.
Definitely need this.  I have multiple TV's in my man cave.  Each one has its own DirecTV box attached to a Sonos box on the line in jacks.  Would like to be able to have a quick remote control type of favorites screen that includes line in feed and switch between them with one button click.  It takes several clicks today.
This would be specifically useful for AirPlay usage.  I strongly support this and would directly benefit from this feature.
Userlevel 2
Yes!!! these would be great. Then i only have to have my Favorites open all day. I don't know why this in not already this way.
Userlevel 2
Sonos has done some of the best work ever with these devices. Others are "copying" but we know the real deal having SONOS. If we could just tweak a few things like this it would be even more helpful. Please keep this under consideration on your next update.
Yes, please. I've been looking for this feature on every upgrade and beta and really hope it will be added.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It would be nice to be able to instead of hitting Line In and getting options to just be able to put all of those options as squares on the first music source page (and name them what you like).  Right now you can give it a name but it also always carries the Zone name along with it.  I don't care for their to be a zone name - if I want to say the zone name I can type it in the name I create.
Userlevel 1
I also really need a Sonos Linein to be a favorite. I'm using a Logitech Harmony Ultimate with a Hub as a remote control for all my entertainment. With this, I can set up an activity called "Listen to Sonos". When I press "Listen to Sonos" on my Harmony remote, I get a screen listing all my Sonos favorites. I can tap any of them to listen to that favorite. However, to listen to my TV, I need to listen to the Linein of one of my many Sonos Connects. I cannot listen to the Linein because the Harmony remote only lets me choose Sonos favorites. There isn't any way to use the remote to play a Linein unless the Linein can be turned into a favorite.

I also have the same problem playing my Sonos playlists. The Harmony remote only lets you play favorites, not Linein or playlists.

Sonos, please make it possible to make Linein a favorite. This should have Top Priority for Sonos because I won't buy any more Sonos equipment until this problem is solved.
another upvote for this ... I have been wanting this for a year. I made a request to their customer support, and they referred me here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

Thanks for suggesting we add the ability to use line-in sources as Sonos favorites. We will forward this suggestion to our development team as a feature request.

Though we can't comment on possible features we will be sure to make an announcement if we add this feature or start a beta test.
Badge
+1. I just added an airport express to my Sonos line-in for my daughter to stream music from the music apps on her iphone. IT would be much easier to send her to favorites vs. line-in.

Setting a Line-In as a favorite would also allow me to set up a Yonomi routine to play line-in via an Alexa command. I am going to try to accomplish this via a Harmony activity but that is less elegant.
+1 I created an account just to +1 this. Come on Sonos this is an easy feature request to implement. It is entirely vital for home integration/automation purposes. You obviously see the value in that, as you have opened Sonos control too many platforms. Namely harmony, I want to create a "airplay activity" on the Harmony that I can then trigger using a physical remote and Alexa. Using AirPlay is very annoying as it's presently implemented
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Why is this feature easy to implement? Who wants it?
I want it. Like Bruce_28 I have a Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and can only use it to play Sonos favourites. Until Sonos enable this I can't use my Harmony remote fully. Please Sonos, your assistance here would be much appreciated

Thanks
I also created an account just to add one to this request. I contacted customer service and they pointed me right to this thread.

I need this feature for the same reasons others have expressed. I use the app Yonomi with my Sonos and Harmony Hub to allow my Amazon Echo to start and stop music throughout my whole house. Currently it requires many taps and actions to get AirPlay going in all rooms but if line-in could be set as a favorite I could simply say "Alexa turn on music everywhere" and my home would be filled with my AirPlay music instantly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I agree with the needing to be able to easier access line in.

In your case Calforhelp your wanting to group speakers together more automatically (having supergroups would help here).

You already have automated line-in where your Airplay will automatically play to a zone and any grouped to that zone. A supergroup that included all zones that could be autoplayed to would be what you want.
Badge
+1 for the proposed functionality

Due to the limitations of the Sonos API, this functionality will allow the Sonos CONNECT/CONNECT:AMP to be part of an automation "activity".
This will help massively in setups using Logitech Harmony activities, Echo Dots or even IFTTT actions.

Thanks and let's hope this feature get prioritized 🙂
Just FYI, the lack of the ability to add the line-in sources to the favorites has just shut down the possibility of using the Sonos system in our designs. We were very excited to see that Crestron and Sonos had chosen to team up and were planning on converting all of our designs to use Sonos exclusively. That was right up to the point that we learned that the connect and connect amp were useless in the deal. Please add this simple function to allow us to implement your system into our designs. Thanks!
+1, i just bought a logitech pop button bundle and i cannot set a scenario to play the line-in (which I use with my home cinema)

useless
this post is 3 years old and still no line in as a favorite. Please, this should be a simple feature and would make it so Alexa can control Sonos through harmony. Huge feature that would make Sonos even better.