Answered

Sonos Desktop Issues with Sophos

Userlevel 1

Since I’ve tried customer service with both Sonos and Sophos, I thought I’d put this out there for any suggestions/wisdom.

Macbook Pro, running 10.13OS, Sonos 1 Desktop App and Sophos Home Premium 10.0.4 (and have had the same setup for some time with no issues).

While the Sonos desktop app will show connection to the system when checking “connect to existing Sonos system”, it never gets past the main screen error message “Sorry, we can’t connect to Sonos”.  Mobile apps work fine (all on the same wi-fi network).

Turning off Sophos does not change anything, but uninstalling it brings Sonos back (and reinstalling permits it for a day, then the issue returns).

Obviously, these two aren’t playing nicely together - again, I’ve been trying to get help on both ends. Any thoughts appreciated.

icon

Best answer by carbmac 7 May 2021, 15:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

This fix using the Sophos setup page is a TEMPORARY fix for the simple reason that if/when you reboot your router, your router will often reassign IP addresses to the various connected devices. Then the speakers will not work again. Sonos needs to get to work and solve this issue permanently!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is this not a Sophos problem?

Good question. How we can tell for sure?