Skip to main content
Hi,

When I swipe down on my notification bar the Sonos controls are missing. Sonos is currently running, and this was here in the past.

Any advice?

Cheers

Cathal.
Couple of questions.

What device are you running the controller on? Do you happen to know which version it is?....(note, this may be hard, since you can't easily look it up with this issue)

What happens when you pull down from the top? If you're using the mobile app, you should be seeing a small greyish line at the top, where you should be pulling down from. With my fat fingers, I more often get the Apple Notifications pull down when I attempt this, but I always seem to be too far up the screen.
Hi Bruce,

It's a Samsung S8.

The controller version is 8.2.2.

When I pull down from the top there is no Sonos controls there (it used to be there in the past), I see other notification, such as the weather.

Cheers

Cathal
Same thing with me. I have a glaxy s8 and today as of April 9 2018 9:00pm the play bar just disappeared from my swipe down on the top. It has always been there but now it's not. Please fix
Hi there, mrfunkyclouds. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Does the PLAYBAR disappear from the Sonos system as a whole or just from your notification center? Can you tell us a little more about your local network? Do you have any wireless extenders or access points?

If possible, please submit a diagnostic report from your Galaxy S8 and reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end. Thanks in advance.
It disappears from my notifications bar. But somehow it showed up again yesterday April 10th at night after 5:00pm PST. It is connected wirelessly from my router made by crico (I think that's the name) and we use Cox provider if that means anything. My Galaxy s8 is running Android 8.0.0.
Was this ever resolved?

I have this issue now. Samsung S8+. Always could see the Sonos icon at the top and controls when I pulled down. Now there's nothing. Was it caused by the Android update?

Frustrating.
I'd recommend reading KeithN's response to mrfunkyclouds, and following those instructions.
Hi Bruce, thanks for your suggestion.

Please don't take this the wrong way as I really appreciate your quick reply, but I asked if there was a solution to the issue, to save me and possibly others from all submitting the same information to Sonos to be resolved in private.

If a solution had already been found, surely it would be better place it here so we don't have to keep providing the information to Sonos.

After digging around a little bit on my phone I found the solution, and I'm happy to post it here so others can benefit from it.

My phone recently updated the Android version to the current version, and I can only assume this happened at that point.

The solution is go to Settings, Notifications, find the Sonos app, click inside and select the 4 settings. The first 2 were already on, but the second 2 were not. I selected both, so all 4 are on, and restarted the phone, it's all working again now.

As a test I went back and turned the last 2 of again and the problem returned. St then ask on, problem gone. Phone restarted in between each change.

Hope this helps.

Stuart
Also check the power settings. Setting, device monitoring, battery. In battery scroll down to the bottom and look for unmonitor apps. Add Sonos to this.

The Oreo update causes the device to sleep a lot of apps that are not being used. So the notification stop coming.