Skip to main content
Hello, I have a sonos play 1 and over the past few weeks I have had issues with my phone sonos controller not connecting, stating it cannot connect to sonos. Despite this my sonos continues to connect to Spotify and work when the play button is pressed. Any idea on how to fix it. Have tried deleting the app and downloading again with no joy.
Make sure you haven't got "wifi assist" enabled on your phone
Thanks have tried that but still no joy
Hello mikemcg1, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.
Hi there my diagnostic number is 180415197
Thanks, Mike. Can you please tell me if you are using any WiFi extenders? If not, can you please log into your router and disable the 5GHz frequency as a test? Let me know how you're getting on, I am positive we can resolve this for you.
Many thanks, sorry for the late reply, didn’t look for a reply. I have now disabled the 5ghz frequency on my Wi-fi and the sonos is working normally again. Should I leave my router on this setting? Shall that affect the speed of my internet?
Many thanks, sorry for the late reply, didn’t look for a reply. I have now disabled the 5ghz frequency on my Wi-fi and the sonos is working normally again. Should I leave my router on this setting? Shall that affect the speed of my internet?

Hi mikemcg1,

Disabling the 5 ghz signal won't affect most of your internet use. It does have a higher overall bandwidth though. If you'd prefer, you can forget that network on your controllers, but leave the 5 ghz signal enabled for your computer or other devices.