Skip to main content
sonos app unable to connect after iOS 11.2.2 update, despite re-install, etc etc - am still able to control my sonos from devices that have NOT been updated to 11.2.2
That's odd. I'm running 11.2.2 Build 15C202 on 3 iOS devices, and not having any issues with Sonos version 8.2.2.

You've already done the one thing I'd recommend normally, which is to delete the app, reboot the phone, and download it again. Hmm in re-reading your post, you don't mention rebooting your device, just deleting and reinstalling. Can I suggest a full power down, wait a minute, then reboot, and see if that works?
haha Thank you for the reply

tried:

(1) delete

(2) reboot

(3) rebooting router

(4) pressing the play & + buttons

sigh
Running fine here. iPhone and iPad.
Hmmm. The router wouldn't make any difference, the app crashing on your iOS device would be long before it reaches out to the speakers. And if that were an issue, your other controllers would be crashing as well.

So, since I don't have an immediate thought, let me ask you, using your other controllers, what version of software is on the speakers? Easiest to find under settings>About my Sonos System. There'd be a line at the top with the controller's version, and then each speaker should have it's own line indicating what version it's running.

Can you supply additional information about where in the process of starting the app that it's crashing? Are you getting to any screen at all, or does it just crap out as quickly as when you start it? Is there any message from iOS on the screen? Are you running any other apps at the time?

Why are you pressing the play & + buttons on the speaker? What does that have to do with the app crashing on your iOS device. I'd have thought that had more to do with setting up the speakers. They are already setup, aren't they?

Are you sure your iOS device is connected to the same wifi as the speakers, on the 2.4Ghz channel, not the 5Ghz?

What kind of setup do you have? What speakers, how are they connected? Sure, I'm reaching, but the more data you can provide, the easier it is for someone to build a mental image of the system, and perhaps come up with a solution for you.
I’m having the same issue with my iPhone 8, just updated to 11.2.2 and when I ope the Sonos app it cannot connect to my WiFi network. I have deleted, turned off t he phone and reloaded the app and still won’t connect. The strange thing is my iPad Air2 updated to 11.2.2 (exact same version) the Sonos app works fine... exactly like it should. Any help is appreciated, this is pretty frustrating. Thanks
Have you checked to see if WiFi assist has been enabled? If so disable that and try again.
That worked, thanks!
I am having issues as well accessing my music on my iPhone. When I click to try to grant access, which redirects to the phone settings, under “allow Sonos to access” there is no option for “media and Apple Music”. There is no issue on my iPad (which hasn’t updated to 11.2.2) but not in my iPhone. Any suggestions?
I’m also having issues with Sonos app on my iPhone 7. Opens for a few seconds then screen goes blank
Barring any of the solutions listed in this thread above your post, I'd recommend that you call Sonos directly to discuss it.
Thanks Bruce. I tried most of the above including deleting an reinstalling the app a couple of times.

Charged my phone overnight and today all seems fine, so far anyway