Answered

Sonos Can't Find Music Library on local PC

• 5 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

this could..i guess make some sense if i had the music was stored on a NAS or another PC on the network, but when i try to play locally stored Mp3 files from the very same PC, 80% of the time i get ‘an error occured the local>path>to>library>song.mp3 could tnot be found’. It gets even worse whe i try to play said music on the PC over network...but it does work 10% of the times. I reinstalled, reindexed, reset the router, firewall is fully allowing sonos service and client.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 5 January 2024, 23:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Get the problem to reappear and send in a Diagnostic. Once sent contact Sonos Support directly and they can look at the internal data we users can’t see.

This is not as surprising as you seem to think it is,  The app on your PC is not playing the music.  No Sonos app does that.  It sends a command over your network to a speaker telling it to fetch music from a particular source.  Whether the files are stored on the same PC as the controller or a different PC makes no fundamental difference - that is how Sonos works.

How does your PC connect to your network?  Wired or wireless?

Badge

This is not as surprising as you seem to think it is,  The app on your PC is not playing the music.  No Sonos app does that.  It sends a command over your network to a speaker telling it to fetch music from a particular source.  Whether the files are stored on the same PC as the controller or a different PC makes no fundamental difference - that is how Sonos works.

How does your PC connect to your network?  Wired or wireless?

I’m not suprised, Sonos historically had alot of connectivity issues with their software based on a codeforce prioritielist that does not include a seamless smooth user experience but more pushing new products by discontinuing old ones in the software - oh and also pushing adds in the app. Basicly sonos is garbage. I am connected wireless, and everything else is 100% working fine, i tested, many times having other streaming services running simultaniously just so that i would have a visual confirmation if the connection should drop, that never happend, the other streaming service ran smoth and seamlessly for as long as they were open. Sonos on the other hand still did not function at all 80% of the time and struggled for the remaining 20% but i guess, was basicly working. 

My system has worked seamlessly for 11 years.  Now 14 devices in 7 “rooms”.  Streamed or from NAS music library, all fine.  I guess I have been lucky.  I shall leave you to your opinions.