Sonos Can't Find Music Library (Computer Not Found)

• 4 February 2013
  • 36 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Userlevel 2
Whoops! Looks like I spoke too soon. All the tracks (from My library) show up in the Sonos controller now but won't play. "unable to contact server (computer name)" or something similar. So I disabled the firewall and Hey Presto! Works perfectly. So it would seem that the firewall must be off to either load or play songs from the library.
I still have the same problem after trying all the suggested fixes. Luckily my wife is still talking to me, but we both think Sonos is a complete pile of junk. I'm going to revert to an ipod dock as totally fed up with trying to fix this stupid system!!!
I have this problem, does anyone know of a fix? I have so many problems w/ Sonos flaking out, at this point, wouldn't recommend them 😞
So I've had this problem on Mac for years. The only solution I've found is to restart the Mac networking service. either reboot, or from Terminal-
prompt: ifconfig en0 down
prompt: ifconfig en0 up
Hi there, poncho. Thanks for posting. If you are still having problems accessing your music library, I'd suggest giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and get a closer look at how Sonos is linked to your music library.

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Same problem here too.. Windows 10, disabled firewall, checked all permissions and sharing and all is in order. Verified SMBv1 is enabled. Just happened out of the blue. Submitted diagnostics, confirmation number 8461021. Keep getting access is denied error.. HELP
ron329, I'd recommend that you follow Keith N's instructions in the post before yours, and give their support technicians a call.
ron329: Thanks for the diagnostic report and the details of your troubleshooting so far. In order to respect your time, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time. They can set up a remote session and get a closer look into the cause of the access denied error. Thanks again for your patience.
Anybody interested in buy 2 used sonos 1? It looks great, you can use it to play tunein stations, ... mp3 files in your local drive... no, you can't use it for that.
Music Library is an ornament.
To make it work, uninstall sonos controller, reboot, install sonos controller, with luck, it will work. Play all the songs at once.
Do you want to hear music again?, easy: Uninstall, reboot, install... and so on

Maybe a little of KISS philosophy is needed in the software.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Anybody interested in buy 2 used sonos 1? It looks great, you can use it to play tunein stations, ... mp3 files in your local drive... no, you can't use it for that.
Music Library is an ornament.
To make it work, uninstall sonos controller, reboot, install sonos controller, with luck, it will work. Play all the songs at once.
Do you want to hear music again?, easy: Uninstall, reboot, install... and so on

Maybe a little of KISS philosophy is needed in the software.

Interesting, my internet went out over the weekend. Was able to play my music library with no issues... I don't even have a supported OS for the desktop controller!

Clearly there is an issue with your setup/network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sounds like you have a problem with your setup that most of us don't have. If you contact Sonos support (this is a user to user forum) with a diagnostic number taken when you have the issue they can likely tell you what you need to do to fix things. Check the Contact page, many options, some open 24x7.

Sonos support does visit here but you tacked onto the bottom of a year dead topic so it may be missed and without a diagnostic there isn't much Sonos can do to help you.

Almost forgot do you have Sonos Ones or Play 1s, they are very different speakers with foolishly selected names.