Skip to main content

Hello, I just did a Beam update and now my Samsung TV remote isn’t able to control the volume, which was working fine before.

I resent the Beam, as well as my TV and it still doesn’t work.

I called Samsung to double check my audio settings and everything was fine there.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Aryn

Have you read the FAQ?

Hi @Airgetlam  - it’s not a samsung One remote, my TV is a little old.

Ah, gotcha. I’d suggest just re adding the remote, then, using the process in the Beam’s room settings, and see if that fixes it.

If not, check the batteries, which could have gone at the same time. But ultimately, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Hey there @Airgetlam  -I tried to add the remote in the sonos app,  but I don’t see an option to do that, maybe because my remote isn’t modern enough?  I also don’t remember having to do that originally, I think the remote just worked once I moved the TV setting to external speaker.

It often does, if ARC is in use. It would not, when optical is the connection method. 

If you’re using ARC, then try unplugging the TV from the wall for two minutes, then plug it back in, forcing a reboot of the software that operated the TV. 

If using optical, open the controller, choose settings, then System, then the room name of the Beam, If you’re using optical (I am not), there should be a remote section somewhere on that page. If it’s using ARC, the option isn’t shown. 

Beyond that, your best bet is to contact Sonos directly. 

I had a similar problem with the new update. 
Try disconnecting the power source to the tv and also disconnect all hdmi cables from the tv except the beam. Plug in the tv, start the sonos app and reconfigure the tv. It worked for me.