Skip to main content
Question

Sonos App Update Timeline

• 21 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have my Sonos set to stream music from my NAS drive. I created a playlist with over 5000 songs and had the ability to add, delete, edit and move music from streaming apps and my local drives.

The following features I had are still missing from this latest update. Can someone from Sonos please provide a timeline as when these features will return?

Album Artwork is not displayed for Android. It is for IOS.

Only the Song & Artist is displayed, missing Album

Switching to queue goes to top of list, it needs to go to the song playing

Ability to add, delete, edit, move songs in queue

4 replies

The only published ‘timeline’ is here. They appear to update that periodically, but it isn’t an exhaustive list, I suspect. 

Hi can you tell me when android will get album artwork back? My wife & daughter have apple and it works for them. Please fix the android app!

It’s sad, you wake up one day and everything you like about Sonos is out the window and here it is months later and it’s still not working!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi can you tell me when android will get album artwork back? My wife & daughter have apple and it works for them. Please fix the android app!

It’s sad, you wake up one day and everything you like about Sonos is out the window and here it is months later and it’s still not working!

Since this is a user community, we have no inside information to offer. I can only again direct you to the link already provided above. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Album artwork is there in bits on iOS. It’s non-existent in the queue list screen, although at least the songs show up there now… 

By all accounts if you could see your queue with a 5000 song playlist, you couldn’t see all the tracks with limits of 100 items being reported on various screens. 

People who listen to something called an ‘album’ in sequence from a NAS drive need official minority group status it would seem… we are very uncool. 

All the nuances that have been in Sonos for a long time seem to have been lost, with little clarity on whether they’ll return, so I suspect unless people jump up and down about stuff it’ll get consigned to history.