Skip to main content

Hi All,

This is an odd problem, at least for me.  We have four 6th Gen Fire HD8 tablets.  Three of them connect to Sonos with the app, no problem.  One, however, does not.  It used to, but no more.

I did all the usual: First, I reset the Fire tablet.  No luck. Then I wiped the Fire tablet and started all over. No joy. Multiple uninstalls and re-installs of the Sonos app. Nothing.

The Wi-Fi on the tablet works perfectly. The Sonos app (S1) connects to the existing system, but then repeatedly, invariably reports “We can't connect to Sonos”.

Router was rebooted. No effect. Seems like a strange problem considering that the Fire tablet otherwise functions perfectly including the Wi-Fi. And that all the other Fire tablets (same model, same OS) connect easily to Sonos.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thank you.

Matteo

What kind of wifi system do you have? It sure sounds like that errant tablet is connecting not to the main  router, but to a wifi extender, or powerline extender. 

You may want to submit a system diagnostic , or frankly two, one from a working tablet, and one from the non-working tablet, and call Sonos Support to discuss them.

There may be information included in the diagnostics that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thank you, Bruce. I have a standard Wi-Fi system with a single (highly effective) router. No extender or powerline device.

I will take your advice and submit two diagnostics, one from the non-functioning tablet and another from a functioning one. 

Thank you again.

Matteo