Skip to main content

Hi...I have a playbar, couple of 5’s, couple of 3’s, couple of 1’s...since I installed the updated app, it randomly keeps crashing, even a minute or two after I used it...more often than not it’s default message is “unable to connect to system”. Its incredibly frustrating when all I want to do is adjust the volume, but then have to spend 15 mins re-booting the app, my phone, the system to perform a simple task. I’m nearly at the point where I’m ready to junk the whole damn lot and change to a different system, I never had these problems with the previous version of the app.

I’m assuming I’m not the only one suffering these issues, so where’s the central support?

the issues I regularly have is the “unable to connect, try again later” message. Its appearance is inconsistent and can be when i first use the system on any given day, a few seconds after previous use..to get it going again, any of the following may, or may not work, depending on what mood the thing appears to be in:

• Shutting the app and re-trying
  • Re-booting my phone (I use Android, latest version on a samsung phone)
  • Pressing the volume and mute button to make the system searchable
  • Uninstalling and re-installing the app
  • Uninstalling and re-installing the whole damn system from my wif-fi

and yes, they are all on the same wi-fi network, yes the wi-fi is working and is not the issue.

Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated, or I’m just going to e-bay this stuff, learn the lesson and invest in something more reliable. I resent the time I have to spend to execute a simple operation, and the frequency with which I have to do it. The one constant in all of this is that every day, I will have this issue.

Thanks

so, in the 2 hours since I posted, the app has crashed/refused to respond/had a lie down, 5 times…..

Try unplugging all your Sonos devices from power. Then reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices.

If that doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.