Skip to main content

There is a nightmare I have where i can’t log in to a really important site because I can’t remember my password, or at least the one I can remember isn’t accepted. However, there is a “forgot your password” button and I am emailed a reset password email, which I follow, to a new password that is accepted by a website, a forum, but not where I want to log in.

ON the Sonos App. I am baffled that this nightmare has come to life: Sonos app asks me to log in but doesn’t accept my password. I reset and am directed to the website. When i go back to the app, again I am told the password is incorrect, but I can reset my password. And so the merry go round continues. I know the propagation of the password information can take a few minutes, or that you can’t update an account that doesn’t exist. Doesn’t apply. I also thought I should update the app, that might fix it. Oh, you need to login to update... So how is it reset my password on the Sonos app is broken and how do i log into my Sonos app so I can properly use my SOnos system?

In a few past examples of this problem it has turned out that two accounts / email addresses were involved.  I am away from my system at the moment and I can’t be sure I have remembered this correctly, but you may try going to

Settings > Account Settings > Transfer Sonos to a new account and follow the directions from there.

Are you sure you can’t update the app when you are not logged in? For an aipdate of the system I can understand this, but for the app on your phone?

This Community and the SONOS system are separate entities. Certainly, you can use the same email and password for both, but they to not communicate account updates across platforms. There is one annoying glitch. Once in a while I notice that this site will throw you to the main SONOS site which uses the system credentials. It doesn’t seem that you’ve made a transition, but you’ll need to log in again -- with the correct system credentials. Sometimes, depending on how the browser cookies fall. The main site will view me as a new user, then reject my log-in attempt as being a duplicate new account. Actually, I’ve had enough of this sort of nonsense that I use separate browsers for the Community and the main SONOS site.