Answered

Sonos and Spotify not working together

• 4 April 2023
  • 2 replies

After moving into my first apartment 2 years ago, i invested in getting a sonos system in every room after hearing how nice it is to have linked music throughout your living space. I bought 3 sonos SL1s, 2 beams, and sonos port. I use 2 of the SL1s as my surround speakers for my entertainment system (which are being fed audio from my entertainment system via sonos port) and i have had serious delay time issues with this. It has created a delay which i cannot correct within my sony amp/reciever… Even when delaying my main tower speakers to the maximum, and setting delay on the sonos to the minimum, the delay on the sonos speakers is still WAY behind the rest of my system…. That is a whole different problem. But the main issue is that spotify refuses to work with my system no matter what i do. I have reinstalled all services, reconnected all the speakers from scratch, restarted my router, and still have the same issues. When shuffling a playlist on spotify, it all works (most of the time). Sometimes a few speakers will not be playing and i have to remove them and add them again to get them working. But whenever i surf spotify to play songs, or add them to the queue, or try to play ANY songs on my “liked songs” list, it just stops playing or will completely delete the queue i have been building. I’m a professional sound engineer and find all of this incredibly disappointing. The concept of having multiple speakers linked wirelessly and the ability to use spotify (the best professional music streaming service) is an awesome idea. But these speakers are clearly not capable of doing this and would never be a suitable option in a professional setting. Not even suitable for the home…. I am incredibly disappointed and wish i could return all of these EXPENSIVE speakers for my money back. If these issues could be fixed please help or tell me what i can do. But after 2 years of tinkering with these, to much frustration, i feel that i have been fooled by false advertising. Please help Sonos i really want this to work

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 April 2023, 11:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you give any thought to the fact it could be your wifi that gives you trouble?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AlecSoundEngineer 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sonos One SLs are not designed to be the surround speakers for a third-party AVR - only for a Sonos Home Theatre device - so the delay you experience (due to Port pre-buffering the inputted feed for network playback) is expected and by design. When bonded via a 5GHz, dedicated link to a Sonos Home Theatre device, however, they operate with minimum delay.

As for the rest of the issues you experience, you should not have to put up with them. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.