Skip to main content

Is there a way of switching between “steamed” music and “line in” on the amp without having to take the rca leads out?

Choose the line in as a source on the page you get when tap the music symbol in the Sonos app?

Hi

i have done that and all works fine, but when I want to then stream music from my hard drive in another run the amp remains on line in and won’t play the music. The only way to remove line in is to remove the rca leads. This is reduculous.

is there a way on the app to toggle between the two?

I really don’t understand what you mean.  There is absolutely no need to remove the cables.  When I want to revert to Amazon Music (say) I just use the Search and select the artist I want from the Amazon Music choices.  Alternatively I bring up the list of sources (musical note icon in the navbar) and select the source I want (as noted already by @106rallye ).

Are you stopping the source that is playing through the line-in?  If not, and you have line-in Autoplay enabled, then maybe that would cause the Amp to stick on line-in.  But that is guesswork because I have never done that, I would always stop the line-in play.

Hi

I have stopped the source by switching off the laptop and mixer. But the only option I have for that room is Line in !!!. The only way to remove this is to unplug the rca leads, this then opens up options like my playlists, Amazon, I music etc.

There appears to be no way within the app to de select line in

That certainly isn’t how my system behaves, and I have never come across this query before, so something odd is going on.  Is line-in Autoplay enabled and what happens if you disable it?

By ‘that room’ do you mean your Amp?

Which device is the controller on?

Also, I note from another thread that you have a Sonos Port.  What function is that fulfilling?

RobCJohnson,

Like John B mentions, there should be absolutely no need to un-cable the RCA leads and I certainly do not have to do that here. I stop the line-in audio and simply ensure the Sonos ‘Room’ is selected in the System (Rooms) tab (middle icon on main bottom bar of App) then I select another audio source to play from the ‘Browse’ tab, such as Sonos Amazon Music. That works for me whether I have toggled on Autoplay, or not, in the ‘System/ Room Name]’ settings. 

If the problem persists, I would submit a Sonos System Diagnostic and post it’s reference back here and then perhaps speak with Sonos Customer Care

I can’t help thinking that there is a crucial bit of info missing from how the OP’s system is set up or from what he is doing.  Perhaps a full picture of devices, connections and steps followed is needed if we are to work out what is happening here?

Selecting any other source un-selects line in.   Yea John there seems to be something missing - like they are using some kind of 3rd party interface not the sonos app.

Another thing he may want to be sure to do is in settings turn off the Auto Select for the Line-In.   That way if computer audio starts back up it won’t switch back to the line-in wihile listening to something else..