Skip to main content

Would be nice if Sonos create an alamarm clock that indicates the time.

Is there any news regarding this?

You could perhaps just ‘ask’ for the time (at any point) using one of the three available voice assistants installed on their compatible products. Sonos has a built-alarm feature too anyway, but I guess you may know that already.

I personally prefer to ‘ask’, rather than having any sort of display, at night, in the bedroom.

You could perhaps just ‘ask’ for the time (at any point) using one of the three available voice assistants installed on their compatible products. Sonos has a built-alarm feature too anyway, but I guess you may know that already.

I personally prefer to ‘ask’, rather than having any sort of display, at night, in the bedroom.

Does Sonos Voice tell you the time?

Does Sonos Voice tell you the time?

Yes, it’s mentioned in this support link… I’m not by my system to actually test it though. See ‘Getting started with Sonos Voice Control’ under ‘The Basics’ sub-heading.

I’ll test it when I return home in a while and will let you know @melvimbe.👍

SVC can tell the time but not the day or date.

However the notion of asking it in the middle of the night is utterly out of the question. The disembodied voice in the darkness would petrify others. 

I did just test the time on return home @melvimbe and just to confirm, SVC does work.

I will just quickly add that the Wife & I have been using Alexa for our early morning alarm, because we are able see/adjust/switch-off any alarm too when away from home, that’s if we have forgotten to switch it off.

I know some may mention we should power-off things when away and save the planet, but our wireless connected devices now work with our router to ‘sense’ any movement around the home, just as a Home security feature, so I do like to leave a few speakers on about the house.

Anyhow lights in our bedroom are a ‘no-no” … no TV standby light, or air-raid ‘search lights’ from our speakers mic-lights either… all have a dim. 

I did just test the time on return home @melvimbe and just to confirm, SVC does work.

I will just quickly add that the Wife & I have been using Alexa for our early morning alarm, because we are able see/adjust/switch-off any alarm too when away from home, that’s if we have forgotten to switch it off.

I know some may mention we should power-off things when away and save the planet, but our wireless connected devices now work with our router to ‘sense’ any movement around the home, just as a Home security feature, so I do like to leave a few speakers on about the house.

Anyhow lights in our bedroom are a ‘no-no” … no TV standby light, or air-raid ‘search lights’ from our speakers mic-lights either… all have a dim. 

I have my morning alarm as a scheduled start at 5 AM and automatically turn off at 6:30, as I can’t be bothered to remember to turn it off.  It’s not set in Sonos or Alexa, but with the Lutron app, and yes turning on/off lights are included.  I probably could do this in Alexa, but I set this up years ago, before Alexa even had routines like this.